Sat, Sep 21, 9:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Oversampling!

goido ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2000 at 11:18 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

I know this is not the Bryce Forum but I would like to know the difference. I got a couple of hints at the Bryce Forum but it was not what I really asked. So here it goes. I did a test render of two spheres with exactly the same texture. One was render with antialiasing normal and one with antialiasing draft. I could not see the difference between the two except that draft seem to antialias as it render ( no separate pass for antiallias) and it took almost 4 times longer to render. When I render to disk , at 300 dpi, I get a great resolution and detail. So, when would you use antialiasing draft??

adam ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2000 at 1:23 AM

well, I saw your message in the Bryce Forum and I had no idea. But now I am guessing maybe it is for saving an image that takes up less megabytes. Just a guess. It doesn't sound like a good reason for having a whole different type of rendering, but it could be possible. Or maybe it is there so that you can watch your image render and be able to see shapes in the image as it renders away. Ok, now I am getting weird. It is too late in the day. Sorry that I can't help ya Good Luck -Adam

cote ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 3:02 PM

As far as I know, draft rendering is supposed to be a quicker, lower quality rendering. I can't explain why it would take longer, or produce identical results. Photoshop filter such as blurs use draft rendering for a quick preview of your filter settings before you spend time waiting for a high quality effect. This is especially useful when you are working at print (300+ dpi) resolutions.

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2000 at 4:30 AM

sure you didn't set the single at fine art render? Draft should take less time and shouldn't antialias. But a sphere may not be tyhe best object to use it on

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.