Wed, Oct 9, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser Lighting (saving) problems

Devon ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2002 at 2:28 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:32 PM

I've had this on going problem ever since I had Poser 4. I'm now using Poser 5 and still have this problem. Everytime I create a scene and use special lighting either with or without spot lights......when I go to save the lights to my library for later use....IT NEVER cast's shadows at all like before. Why is this happening. It does not save the "cast's shadow" feature even though it's saved that way and the box is checked for it. This seems like a bug...but I've had this for so long and with Poser 4, Pro Pack and and Poser 5 ....I'm starting to think there is something I'm NOT doing right. Maybe a stupid oversite of some kind on my part? Can anyone help me out? DEVON Thanks

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 10:45 AM

I won't claim to understand much about lights, but shadows seem to be a function of the Shadow Light Cam's. Once you have loaded your lights, check the cameras menu to see if you have any Shadow Light Cam's. One reason they may be missing is if you use "Select Subset" when saving a light set, if you use Select Subset Shadow Light Cam's wont be saved.

Devon ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 1:09 PM

Attached Link: http://home.cfl.rr.com/greenhornet2002/

You might not claim to understand much about lights, but you hit the nail on the head on this one my good man. You were right. It worked. My problem was I was saving all the subset lights much like when saving props. I had a bad habit of saving props the wrong way in the past. I kept forgetting to save the sub sets or parented props to it to get the entire package. I thought all this time I had to do the same thing with the lights. Never realised or tested it out the other way. Go figure. Thanks what's so great about the Renderosity community. Always a fellow helping hand member.....I thank you so very much. DEVON

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 2:28 PM

I had a terrible problem trying to save smart props, for months and months, when I first got Poser. Eventually I read in a thread here, not to use the "Select Subset" when saving a smart prop. That lesson stayed dormant in the back of my mind for quite a long time, I was having the same problem as you with lights, but eventually the answer peculated into consciousness.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.