Sat, Sep 21, 1:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: November Challenge

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 2:46 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

Okay, where I am, in the Pacific Northwest of the US, it's cold and rainy. The leaves are turning red, yellow, purple and orange and falling from the trees while laughing children are playing in huge piles of them. The smell of wood smoke is in the air. Evenings are coming early and mornings bring a sparkling layer of frost over everything that doesn't move. Flowers are withering in their beds while squirrels industriously scour the ground for nuts and seeds. Lovers snuggle by the fireplace (or so I'm told). Autumn is in full swing. The Challenge: Show us an image that evokes the feelings of the season of Autumn. Criteria: Wide open. Compositing and postwork is okay. (Hey, I'm a compositor, what did you expect?) Any 3D software may be used for rendering.

humorix ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:32 PM

Ummm we just finished an Autumn challenge in the Bryce Forum. The results are just out! :-D Are all the entries entitled for this challenge too?

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:21 PM

While you can enter an image from that, it kind of defeats the challenge is creating an all new image. Normally we do like to have you create an image specifically for this, but we've (I've) been pretty loose about it. The main idea is to challenge yourself to go further, but that doesn't mean we can't just have fun too. ;)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

humorix ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:26 PM

Hmmm, I think I'll post a message on this in the Bryce Forum. I didn't participate in last month's challenge, but there are some great entries and I'm sure the Brycians would want to reach out to a larger audience!

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:55 PM

'swhat I get for not going into the Bryce forum more.

ijack999 ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 6:47 PM

file_30577.jpg

Fall Breeze

mboncher ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 12:51 AM

file_30578.jpg

I'll pick up the gauntlet and see what my October bryce challenge image does here. Here it is "Rapids".

crowhat ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 12:25 PM

file_30579.jpg

Up here in Canada it gets a bit bleak come November.

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 12:25 PM

file_30580.jpg

Falling Leaves

Fractals will always amaze me!

Maker ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 2:04 PM

file_30581.jpg

This is my entry for this month's challange. I did the rendering in Bryce and Poser, then combined them in Photoshop. Maker

MissMira ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 2:35 PM

file_30582.jpg

This is in my gallery though already-but i made it about 2-3 weeks ago to make an autumn picture-its made of reallife leaves scanned and then played with in photoshop...

Allenox ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 11:47 AM

file_30583.jpg

This reminds me of a New England autumn.

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 11:04 AM

Some great images this month!! So lets get underway with the voting.:) I place my vote on MissMira.

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 2:08 PM

I vote for my Ultrafractal entry...Falling Leaves by Tresamie ;)

MissMira ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 2:17 PM

umm ive been giving this voting some thought and i have decided that im competitive enough to not wanna vote on another artists work but i dont wanna vote on my own picture either-so can i leave a blank vote? tehe:)

ijack999 ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 3:38 PM

my vote goes to missmira. that is one of the most subtle, beautiful, original works i've ever seen.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2002 at 11:01 AM

well being a Canadian farm boy i gotta go with crowhat's lovely derelict in a field.A true sign of autumn,both for the planet,and wistfully lookin back on the summer of a great old automobile,and what was a fine sumeer in the hay.

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Baztd ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2002 at 5:05 PM

got to vote for ijack999. in the north east of England, autumn is perfect for kites (if the cord is made of carbon fibre lol)

jewell ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2002 at 11:57 AM

got a vote for Maker

Maker ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2002 at 6:39 PM

My vote goes to Crowhat.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 9:44 AM

well... we have two Votes for MissMira and two votes for Crowhat. Now, this is not counting MissMira's vote, in which she wan't to vote for her own.. but doesn't. That would make it three votes for hers... So... what do you say? Should we let her "I wanna vote for myself, but don't feel it appropriate" stand as a vote?

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 1:11 PM

There is nothing wrong with voting for yourself. If you don't have faith in your own work, who will? I bet George W. voted for himself! At any rate, I say let it stand as a vote, and Mira....Believe!!! Tres

crowhat ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 9:18 PM

file_30584.jpg

Miss Mira it is, and well deserved.

MissMira ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 12:37 AM

thanks guys and yeah maybe a little faith but you know...;)

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 1:16 AM

Congrats MissMira. :) Please start a new thread with December's challenge.

MissMira ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2002 at 12:47 PM

ohh im so sorry-just read the FAQ-very sorry guys didnt know it was my task....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.