Fri, Sep 20, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Greetings from England.

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:25 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:45 AM

HELP. I am having a problem with Antons' FX pack and other stuff when transferring it into VUE 4. It opens as just black and grey objects rather then coloured lights etc. So my Christmas Tree is looking pretty sad. I am posing them is P4 and saving them as PZ3 files but Vue doesn't seem to like the colour for some reason. Any help would be grately appreciated. Steve

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:43 AM

Do you have updated your Vue copy to Vue 4.1 or better to the latest version Vue 4.11? If not, please do so and then try again. Guitta

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 5:55 AM

Hi Gebe, Yes I am fully updated to Vue 4.11. I have recently had to close my Open GL option as it was sending my four working screens green when the option was open. Now it is closed the screens are back to white. Dont think this affects the images not being coloured, does it. Steve.

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 6:01 AM

This doesnt affect the render, of course. But even in wireframe view you can color your objects. :-)Guitta

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 6:12 AM

Thanks for the advice re colouring objects in wireframe mode but unfortunately having to colour thousands of lights, fires etc to make a picture defeats the object of opening pz3 files. There must be an answer out there somewhere to opening an imported file and it responding as saved. Steve

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 6:44 AM

Maybe I did not understand well what you were asking for. When you import a Pz3 file into Vue and you render it immediately, do you get the saved textures on your object or not?

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 7:29 AM

Yes. They are visible in wire frame mode but then when I render it only the campfire logs are visible, the flames are not. The same when I import the fairy light effects. Again they are visible in wire frame but the colours are black and white. Do you think it is something to do with my VUE settings. Thanks again for your help. Steve.

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 7:43 AM

Oh yes, you cannot import light effects from Poser. Vue's lights works different. You mast remap your lights. If you post a rendered sample image of what you get, I can tell you exactly what to do.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 11:12 AM

file_34022.jpg

I've run into this myself. Anton's FX props are single (and doubles offset 90 degrees) polygons with a transmap applied for shaping, and the 'color' is applied by Poser from the material screen, from the in app color pallette. I'll do a couple of quickies so you can see what he's talking about Guitta. This one is rendered in P5, as Anton recommends, against a dark background...

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 11:13 AM

file_34023.jpg

This one is rendered in Vue 4.11....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.