Sun, Oct 6, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need help/advice on modeling cars. I am using Bryce and Anim8or.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 2:06 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:34 PM

I've been fooling around with Bryce and Anim8or and having fun in the process. Before I found Anim8or I was making cars only using the boolean method (as true Brycers usually do.) But after a while, Bryce couldn't quite deliver on what I wanted regarding compounded contour shapes.

Then I found this nifty freeware mentioned here at the modeling forum called Anim8or. This was great, since it was free and was pretty much the simple and essential core of a modeling program - thus occupying little precious space on my old Presario's 4gig HD.

So I've fooled around and got ok results, but I'd like to do something a bit more detailed when using Anim8or. I can box build a car, but I'm not sure how to "part it out" so to speak. Any advice on how to do a build up using Anim8or would be nice. Some parts like wheels aren't all important though, as it's easier to make them in Bryce. Seems I end up doing a hybrid .3ds or .obj with Bryce booleans. Anyone familiar with this?

I'm putting up some links to images that I made showing Bryce/Anim8or cars. So you can see what I'm talking about and offer some advice.

100% Bryce Cars

Bryce/Anim8or Hybrids- Anim8or and Bryce experiment 2

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

TRAVISB ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 2:32 PM

ok it looks like you have decent starting shapes to begin with but what i really need to help you is actaul modeling shot meaning from where you are modeling and not renders this will help me see what your doign better etc if you arent sure how to do this just hit alt print screen and ill keep an eye out Trav

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.