Wed, Sep 18, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: How come my Cyber Vic is invisible ? : (

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 5:59 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:10 PM

I 'm working on a G4 Mac powerbook using Poser Pro, bought and installed Cyber Vic (PC/Mac) from Darkworld a couple of weeks ago but when I go to use her on either Steph or Vic 2 the figures and props ,though they show as listed figures in the main window, remain invisible ! Only a MAT pose loads on a figure properly. I have checked in the libraries, all is in its proper place, I've run the files through Mac Converter, installed them twice but no-go. Any ideas? I've got other figures from Darkworld and they work just fine. A 'please help' e-mail to Darkworld wasn't responded to, PLEASE can someone else help ?

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

atthisstage ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 10:11 AM

Two things that may be obvious, but, hey, ya never know... :) Go into the hierarchy window and make sure the props themselves are turned on for viewing. Render an image without the MATs. Maybe there's a transparency at work here that makes them invisible in draft mode?

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 12:18 PM

Thanks for trying to help but that doesn't seem to be it. I checked the heirarchy window and the 2 cyber figures I tried adding to vicky today, ie her cyber boots and cyber suit ,are turned on there but still invisible either in preview or a test render. I tried a couple of props as well but still nothing. Its still only a separate MAT pose that turns her whole nude body into a metal texture that works. It is independant of all the other figures and props that came with the set. Anyone else got an idea ? Might it be a Mac/pc compatibility issue even though the cyber set is sold as Mac compatible ? I just cant understand why one part of it does work, I would think nothing would if it is a platform compatibility thing. ( Big sigh, off to do something not on a computer )

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.