Thu, Sep 19, 9:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Questions about Poser's new home.

Gear ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 12:52 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 9:48 PM

Is this German company going to support the Mac version of Poser ? How can we get them to see the wisdom of cooperating with Corel to integrate Poser and Bryce? -Gear

JeffH ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 7:55 AM

Well, the Poser creator and former product manager are in charge of things over there; I'm sure the Mac OS will be supported.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 8:46 AM

I think they want to sell their product to as many people as they can, and they know that there are Mac users out there. Melanie

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 12:19 PM

IMO, Im sure EGI willll support Macs.....what pisses me off is that Corel hasnt perfected Word Perfect yet, and I dont think they can hang to develop bryce. Just my $.02

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 1:16 PM

I think all will be well. I met Steve Cooper (marketing head) once and he seemed like someone who really LOVED his job and product and is very responsive to customer input. The same goes for Larry Weinberg (poser creator). Consider all the time he and his folk put into following up on and fixing the bugs-while adding some new features at the same time-(requested by users) and this was likely not paid work. I think that Poser is going to be even more like we want it to be. I am not so sure of Painter and Bryce-sigh. I had hoped Eric Wenger (Bryce creator) would be involved with the future of Bryce. I guess we cant have everything... Eric

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 11:43 PM

Poser was created (written in Code Warrior) on a Mac and ported to Windows. Since it's creator is now it's co-owner, I think it's safe to assume that the Mac format will be well supported.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 12:42 PM

In fact, Mark, if I have the following facts right (and I may be wrong), future versions of Poser are MORE likely to be available for the Mac now. Poser 1 and 2 came out FIRST for the Mac. Poser 3 came out at approximately the same time for PC and Mac, and Poser 4 was ready for the PC first, but it's release was delayed for them to finish the Mac version. Metacreations was moving away from the Mac market and into the PC world (witness the goofiness with MetaStream for evidence), but this seems less likely for the new company.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 8:28 PM

Right you are, CB. And that's very good news for the whole fam damily.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.