Thu, Sep 19, 9:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: A Bryce/Poser petition

Tempest ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 1:06 PM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 6:54 PM

Well, now that Poser has gone to that little company, we need to convince them that they need to work with corel and be able to incorporate the 2 together. The only way to do this is petition them, letting them know what we think. We need your help, so say so if youre interested. Tempest

Serpent ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 1:13 PM

Hello, I remember Steve Cooper saying that MC was working on a Poser plug-in for Bryce. You can count me in. I would like to have that function working also. Serpent

Geekholder ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 1:51 PM

Actually, I'd prefer not to tie Poser so closely to Bryce. I'd be more interested to see a better file format for the texturing than the OBJ + mtllib, and documentation for it such that import plugins can be written for lots of other programs in addition to Bryce. Bryce was the obvious candidate for tighter integration when the same company owned both products. Now that this is no longer the case, I think it would be better to document things for third parties, not focus exclusively on Bryce.

Gawain ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 4:28 PM

I'm more concerned that Macintosh support for both Bryce and Poser will be dropped in future versions. MIMIC had stated on their website that a Mac version would be released soon after the PC version. Now their website says that they will "eventually" release a Macintosh version.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 4:29 PM

heya; well, they're over in europe, they can work with e-on software to make poser and vue d'esprit more compatible ;)

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 7:51 PM

How about giving Poser a ray-tracer and just adding bryce-like abilities into the program? Make poser a complete package, that would be my petition. -Darth_Logice

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2000 at 11:52 PM

Larry Weinberg (creator/now co-owner of Poser) and his team wrote the program on a Mac. What with the enormous new popularity of Mac machines and it's OS, I think Mac owners have nothing to worry about regarding Poser 5 and beyond..

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 7:33 AM

What about the fact that right now you can open an animated poser file in Ray Dream. It's buggy I know. Doesnt save properly, textures and materials never correct, and rendering is usually bad too-sometimes. But, I wonder what happened with this. Doesn't seem to be any interst in it. I think Bryce is a good program for rendering scenes but not animation. I just doubt the program will improve much- 3 & 4 are the same if you ask me. But now that Metacreations is out of the picture for these programs who knows.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 8:08 PM

I also think it would be great, but I don't see it happening. I have a feeling Poser is going on to greater things, but the main difference there will be in the next version of Bryce will be the the words "Metacreation" will be replaced with "Corel".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.