Sat, Sep 21, 1:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: ver 7.0 bugs...

Modulok ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 2:49 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:46 AM

Hey, I was thinking of upgrading to version 7 (I think that is the most recent version anyway) I usually buy my stuff off of amazon.com so I can read the reviews at the same place I buy. One of the reviews concirned me...they mentioned a bug in ver 7.0..and they said it was still present in version 7.01 "... a major major bug that can cause havoc on XP and windows 2000 systems. If you install and attempt to display a folder in thumbnail view, it would crash explorer. It is something that photoshop was installing, because once I removed the software, the system behaved fine again." Is this just a compatibility problem with his system...or is this a common occurance when running winXP? Thanks for anything on this one -Modulok-

PunkClown ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 5:24 PM

Modulok, I run PS 7.01 on XP and before I downloaded the ".01" patch I did notice the system would freeze in the file browser with folders. That hasn't happened since I got the patch...one problem I still have however is that things run very slowly when I simply "open" (not in File browser) a folder that has a lot of big files (Tiffs of around 30mb etc) due to photoshop preveiwing the image (not in the file view, but below)...could be just my crappy beige box however...and I'm sure there are probably options to turn off the preview thingy...I've just been too lazy to look! Overall I really really like PS 7.01 though I must say...it is a powerful piece of kit. :-)>

Modulok ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 5:56 PM

Thanks for the reply punkClown, As long as the patch fixed it I'm all for the upgrade :) Otherwise a crashing system everytime you browse a folder...I would have some choice words with adobe on that one ;P Thanks -Modulok-

dreamer101 ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 6:17 PM

I had that problem with the file browser in Photoshop 7 crashing. Then I realized as it was caching all the images, it was stopping at one image each time before it crashed. I removed that image and all has been fine ever since. Just one little corrupt image was causing me all that headache.

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 6:31 PM

man, I still haven't found any use for the file browser... guess i'm stuck in the past...

Heronheart ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 8:55 AM

As I remember the bug was fixed in the patch, and it was only present if you assigned the JPG file format to PhotoShop during install. - Ken Heronheart -

Modulok ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 9:10 AM

That would be something to note Heronheart, thank you for that :) Thanks all! -Modulok-

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.