Sat, Sep 21, 1:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 'Pencil' mode?

RaysOfLight ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 5:06 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:30 AM

okay, i know that photoshop is a very sophisticated program, with many advanced features and stuff, but for the LIFE of me, i cannot figure out how to get photoshop to recognize that i've got a pressure-sensitive tablet thing plugged in and that i want it to respond to the pressure on the tablet. i tried doodling with the brush settings, but all i could get was a jittery line when i press hard. and, is there such a thing as pencil mode? like, you know how with a pencil, the both the opacity and the thickness of the line depend on how much you're pressing into the paper? can photoshop do that?

Axe555 ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 8:34 PM

file_34221.JPG

When you select the airbrush, paintbrush, ect. the brush dynamics button is available and lets you set the options you want. Setting the size of your brush to respond to pressure is available but not for custom brushes (in PS6 anyway) btw- Ignore the funky colors in the screenshot. My monitor is on its way out. :( Rich

Philywebrider ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2002 at 9:44 AM

Hi I have Photoshop 7, and I can't find the wacom tablet adjustments in Photoshop. 7 has a lot of pull downs, brush, adjustments, eyc, but I can't locate wacom. The manual has one reference to wacom, but no information. Can you help?

yolkworm ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2002 at 9:30 PM

Hmm, I've got a Wacom tablet & have used it with PS 4, 6, & 7. They all just simply recognize that the tablet is there. You have to use the Wacom control panel to manipulate the driver settings -- there are no such controls in PS that I know of.

Heronheart ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 9:14 AM

You need to download the latest driver from Wacom. When I first installed PS 7, it wouldn't recognize the tablet until I downloaded the driver. -Ken Heronheart-

ReX ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 8:17 PM

file_34222.JPG

if your tablet already works in photoshop then I dought that you'll need new drivers. Select Airbrush mode (1) Each special brush tool has a control drop down box for the air brush. This has to be set to pen pressure for the sensitivity to kick in.(2)

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 8:59 PM

file_34223.JPG

I have Photoshop 7, I donot see the pen control.

dreamer101 ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 10:02 PM

You have Brush Tip Shape highlighted. As you see in previous post the Shape Dynamics was highlighted.

ReX ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 10:54 PM

ty dreamer101

Philywebrider ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 5:23 AM

Thanks dreamer101

RaysOfLight ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2003 at 5:50 PM

wowwww wonders why renderosity never notified him on the replies thanks people :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.