Fri, Oct 4, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: what do you want for christman

deadman67 ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 5:42 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:31 PM

being that i'm out of work and my 10gig hard drive is laid to rest i need a donation of one 10gig or bigger please help a starving artist. email me at single_male33@hotmail.com if you can help. thats what i want how about you?

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 5:50 AM

Chocolate........and Victoria 2.0. 8) Catlin

Erlik ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 6:29 AM

Less Christmas songs. :-) I'm a gredy pig. I want Rhino. I'm buying a Christmas present for myself, though. 22' Samsung 1200 NF. I will be paying it for the next several months, but a bigger monitor makes me happy, happy, happy. (Snoopy dance)

-- erlik

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 6:45 AM

World Peace and Mac Poser 5

Nukeboy ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 7:37 AM

Pentium 4 and anything over 1.5 GHz... oh yeah, that world peace thing, although it would put me out of work. Hmmm... Here's to unemployment!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 9:32 AM

I'm buying a Christmas present for myself, though. 22' Samsung 1200 NF. ........................................................ Yeah I guess a 22 FOOT monitor would be real easy to see. LOL 8^)

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 9:35 AM

I want a new monitor, but that's probably not going to happen. I have a 15,2 GB harddisk wich I don't use at the moment. When I take the data of it that I still need you could buy it from me. But you have to wait untill the end of next week before I have the time to get the data of it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 9:35 AM

I forgot to mention I'm getting a new stock for my SKS rifle.

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 10:23 AM

World Peace, chocolate and a bigged HD

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 10:23 AM

World Peace, chocolate and a bigger HD

derjimi ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 10:59 AM

Bryce 6. ;-)

Darkginger ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 11:02 AM

I got it last week - my first Wacom tablet - and I love it! Other than that, LOTR Two Towers 4 DVD set NOW, not this time next year...(not that I've watched all the extra bits on LOTR 1 4 DVD set yet!)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 11:52 AM

A way to get BRyce 5 and Poser 4 to work under Linux!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 12:44 PM

Well as I am in the same situation as you what I really want for christmas is a new job, preferably one that lets me play with bryce and poser etc all day. But a job would do.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 1:03 PM

Incardanine: Can't Wine (sp?) emulate windows enough to run bryce? I've never tried it, but I've heard it's possible to get truespace running in linux, so Bryce might also be possible.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 1:36 PM

Changed my mind;- Chocolate.....Inside Rhino. 8)

deadman67 ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 2:12 PM

darn did i say christman man i ment christmas but it's a good thing you know what i ment. to Rayraz : ya let me know how much you want for the 15gig drive i live in Abbotsford BC Canada were you at.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 3:05 PM

I live in the Netherlands, so the cost of the harddisk will include shipping costs. I won't ask to much for the disk since a 60GB disk only costs 99 euro's these days (1 euro = 0.98$). It probably won't be more then 25$ including shipping. I'll check what the shipping-costs will be. I'll get back to you with more information as soon as I have some.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 3:37 PM

Rayraz- Actually the best they can do is get it to load, clicking on any control after that locks everything, including Wine and forces one to reboot to get out. My main reason is that with my G4Ti4200 128 Mb and my 1024 Mb RDRAM, my Win98SE won't boot. (officially recognized as a design fault by M$, official solution - buy XP (Aaargh!) or un-install the last 512 Mb (Aaaaaaargh!!!) Hence my Christmas wish...

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 4:09 PM

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, some talent, Poser 5, ANOTHER 80 gig hard drive and the Susan Kitchen book. - TJ

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 4:10 PM

All though i dont like Microsoft very much, i can recommend getting XP. Handles memory much better, and is very stable...well, the english version anyway... An enviromental suite, with built in heat regulators! Thank you! ...cant think of anything i hate more than a Swedish winter...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 4:19 PM

Rochr, Agreed! XP is good. (It isn't perfect but it's a VAST improvement over what microsoft has offered before.) I'd try to get a new HD, even if it means collecting cans or washing dishes. You're only asking for trouble with a used HD. - TJ

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 7:33 PM

World peace isn't possible. I'll just take Poser5 and a carton of Marlboro Menthols.

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 9:46 PM

A graphic tablet! And much more RAM! And a new video card! (I have a Diamond Stealth 3D 4000!)

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 10:02 PM

Graphic tablet, RAM, and faster CPU would do me just fine. Of course money always helps. :)

Tankgirl ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 1:17 AM

Let's see...good health for me and my animals, good fortune, dual processors for my P4 plus an extra 4gb ram, PowerEdge Server 1650, Pentium III-T, 1.4GHz,512K Cache,Base (220-8606), 512MB SDRAM,133MHZ, 2X256 DIMMS (311-1480), LOTR 4DVD set + The Two Towers DVD, Xfrog plus XfrogTune, extra 500mb storage and 30gb bandwidth per month for my site, a place to live (the house deal fell through), larger Wacom tablet 24x24,hmmmmm, that's about it, :-)

vasquez ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 2:19 AM

... I forgot a travel ticket to go to India and meet humorix and his beautiful country!... and "LOTR the flame-thrower!...(kids just love it)"

lindans ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 3:45 AM

Talking of LOTR Legolas would just fit in my stocking...plus Poser 5, a wacom tablet and a modelling program that models out of thin air!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas to one and all!!!!!!!

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

king274 ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 6:10 AM

a workstation.....with quardo 4 980...plus 200G scsi hard drives & sony 24" monitor....... :)

Trouble ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 8:05 AM

world peace and all of the above! :D

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 11:23 AM

Aragon would do nicely, and a much better computer system with all the extra's that go with it. Ok if I can't have Aragon then at least keep my husband employed. This past year has been a bear. And definately world peace. If only we could get everyone hooked into the Rosity community then there would be peace! I love it here, everybody helping everybody and being so generous. Happy Holidays to ALL! Ang

lsstrout ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 12:07 PM

We can have world peace, we just have to educate the heck out of everyone, then restrain the people education won't work on. Somehow I don't think that will happen in one night. Deadman67, I'm glad you explained you meant Christmas, I wondered who Christman was and why I would want to get anything for him. ;) Well, I have a job, but I would like a higher paying job, mostly so I can stop living in my basement apartment. Also Bryce 5, a full version of Photoshop (NOT LE) and regular backrubs. Also someone to occasionally do the dishes and make dinner. Lin "No, those aren't piles of dirty dishes, they are, umm, experiments. Yeah, experiments."

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 4:47 AM

file_35607.jpg

I found the perfect christmas present: A Spijker C8 Laviolette.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 4:49 AM

file_35608.jpg

backview

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 4:50 AM

file_35609.jpg

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 4:52 AM

file_35610.jpg

Or a Bugatti Veyron..

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 4:53 AM

file_35611.jpg

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 4:54 AM

file_35612.jpg

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 12:26 PM

What I would like for Christmas this year is lots of prayers to see us thru this really tough time. I had to quit my job 9 months ago to be home with 3 really out of control children. They are coming along very nicely, but by no means are they ready to be left in the care of someone else so I can go back to work. We are not celebrating Christmas this year, as I have just enough to keep us fed, housed and clothed. This is not written to gain sympathy, as we are doing better than a lot of others. I would just like you all to pray that my children understand, christmas/ LIFE is not all about getting gifts, but about being one family. Thanks in advance for your prayers.:)

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 7:28 PM

God bless us all, everyone... Tiny Tim

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 7:45 PM

The best gift is to be with people whom you love and who make you feel loved in return. Lin

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 3:47 AM

I don't call love a christmas gift. It's a gift everyone should get every day even if it isn't christmas. And I agree with Nukeboy for the full 1000%. And Colette1, don't be afraid your children will understand it eventually. Life just is that way. It teaches everyone the most important lessons.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:43 AM

I agree. love is not the christmas gift, but being surrounded by love is the greatest gift of all:) RAy..Thanks for the encouraging words. I just love this forum!

lsstrout ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2002 at 11:51 PM

I never said love was specifically a Christmas (or any other holiday gift). And unfortunately, not everyone gets it every day, or even on holidays, which is why some people get hung up on material items. Colette1, your children will come around, hopefully before you lose all of your patience. Good luck with the financial matters. Many people I know are struggling too. I hope this forum always makes you feel better. Lin

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 3:21 AM

"I never said love was specifically a Christmas" I know Isstrout. I just had to add my extra sentence to it. I hope you don't mind.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2002 at 4:17 PM

This forum always makes me feel connected somehow. I do have a life...LOL, but somehow the people here just seem to really care and I always do feel much better having checked in each day:). I think this Christmas will really make a difference in the way my children see things from here on out. Together with our church, I have volunteered myself and kids to take christmas gifts to a needy family. I am hoping it will turn out to be someone much less fortunate than we are so they can really see how blessed we are to have all that we do.

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:38 AM

Rayraz, It just seemed like you were misinterpreting what I had to say. Sorry to be touchy about it, it happens to be a pet peeve of mine. Lin

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 1:22 PM

No offence was ever taken Isstrout :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 6:18 PM

Last night I saw Walt Disney's "Squanto" - according to the movie, Squanto was supposed to have said that in the world there are many different peoples with many different languages and customs. but there is only one moon, one sun, one mother earth and one tribe. Whether he actially said this or not I don't know, but it is a good thought either way. Colette I will think good thoughts for you and yours and I hope that you do have a Merry Christmas, and to all the season's best. - TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.