Mon, Sep 9, 7:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: classic car poll

Duddly ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 9:52 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:22 PM

Attached Link: http://home.attbi.com/~sielkes/

file_35633.jpg

Someone blew out my poll on my site again so I had to reset it. Why people feel that is necessary is beyond me. The choices are: 32 Ford Roadster: Considering several rim options as well as a full fendered option. If you can think of some cool rims let me know. 61 Porsche 356B: Possibly both a coupe and a roadster version, in same package. 63 Jaguar XKE Roadster: What would it be without Austin Power's Shaguar addon trim and texture. 68 Mini Cooper MK2: Driving light and fender flare options possible. The 32 Ford was in the lead before and is most likely to be the one for January but I will be releasing on the first of February as well. AdR is releasing again in March. I am currently working on a 55' Beetle now as well.

Duddly ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 10:00 AM

file_35634.jpg

Just a work in progress 1955 Beetle.

badmoon ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 10:40 AM

Has to be the Jag for me. I'm an complete Jag fanatic, and in the middle of restoring a model 3 XJ6 Sport at the moment.

atthisstage ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 11:00 AM

The Beetle!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 11:12 AM

Yes, the Beetle! (I hope you include working "trafficator" directional signals for an authentic '55.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Hiram ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 11:18 AM

I'd go with the Jag as well. But man, that bug is rockin'! Gotta get one in yellow.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 11:46 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

include a green Mexico City taxi texture for the Beetle (with a taxi sign for the roof) and you've got a guaranteed sale right here...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 12:02 PM

Attached Link: http://home.clara.net/chessf/rr/weird/weird013.htm

For January, the Ford. But I gotta have the VW! It'd be really neat if you included a couple of the custom packs that used to be available for it. There was a classic Rolls front end and a Continental rear end (with Tire case in chrome with LOTS of spokes). And of course the rag top. I've always wanted a Bug with all three options installed. Done in shiny black with LOTS of chrome. Black leather interior. Fenders in Silver Shadow grey. ...sigh... I saw one once years ago. Here's an example of the bug with Rolls kits. http://home.clara.net/chessf/rr/weird/weird013.htm

Duddly ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 12:03 PM

The earliest the Beetle would be released would be February. ockham, I thought the overriders for the bumpers and the little outboard turn signals were introduced in 56'? According to what I have read that is what they say but I am not a VW expert in an way. From what I understand the turn signals for the 55' were inside the headlight covers. I have actually had a hard time finding any definitive answers for model years of beetles or very many good pictures for that matter. Martian manhunter, I am planning on the ability to cal-custom it (removable bumpers, trim, etc.) but having never been to Mexico city I wouldn't know what the taxi conversion should look like. I understand they were still producing the bug in Mexico well into the 90's, is that correct?

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 12:40 PM

On the trafficators: I looked it up in Collectible Automobile magazine, and it turns out that '55 was a transitional year. Sometime in the middle of the '55 model year, VW placed the turn signals rather awkwardly on the outer part of the front fenders for US models. On other versions, the trafficators stayed longer. On those early bugs, the bulbs inside the headlight lenses were only parking lights, not directional signals. The bumper overrider, again according to CA magazine, began at the start of the '56 model year. So it's a tossup; FWIW, I'd like it better with the trafficators!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

atthisstage ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 1:23 PM

I was also trying to remember if the 55 had the split rear window.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 1:29 PM

The split rear window ended on March 10, 1953, according to CA mag.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Petunia ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 3:09 PM

they are all cool! I like that bug and the jag though

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 3:41 PM

Ah, get that Beetle finished! Yes, yeah, yep, hurry. ;D

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 4:31 PM

I'd stopped asking for the Beetle a long time ago. Now it's the Car of the [Last] Century. I'm glad to see it's coming along. =) For the California Look option -- lowered in front, narrowed front axle, Porsche or BRM wheels and no chrome trim is all it takes. If you detail the engine compartment, dual Weber 48 IDA carbs and an exhaust header. The Porsche 356 and the Beetle can share engine and wheel options. The bumper overriders ('towelracks') were an American option. European cars lack them. T-shaped nerf bars for Cal-Look. I belong to the Good Times VW club, the newsletter would benefit from this. There's no way I won't get this. And on the Deuce roadster, I hope you go with the flathead V-8.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 4:35 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I haven't been back to mexico city several years, but here are a couple of pics of what they look like:

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 4:58 PM

sighs <--- Had a '70 VW 1300 semi-automatic. White with burgoundy interior....

GizmoMkI ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 5:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.1966batmobile.com/background.htm

file_35636.jpg

Not a production model, but my favorite from the 50's is the Lincoln Futura concept car circa 1955. The link gives some pics of the car in its original form before it was turned into tv's Batmobile.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 5:47 PM

Duddly, My vote goes for the '32 Ford

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 9:27 PM

Mine goes for the Ford too, I especially like to see the ever popular (Halibrand-type?) slot cast-alum mags for it. Be nice to see removable side panels and a nice small-block Chevy in it too, but that is asking a lot! I have no use for VW Beetles, about the worst car I ever drove!

macmullin ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2002 at 9:46 AM

63 Jaguar XKE Roadster

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.