Mon, Oct 21, 5:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Can Mac Vue import obj-files?

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 11:20 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 6:56 AM

I'm playing with the demo of Vue and have successfully imported pz3-files from Poser and 3ds-files, but when I try to import an obj-file the demo just locks up with the spinning beach-ball about halfway through. Is it possible to import obj-files with the real Vue for Mac?

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 11:34 AM

Hi, in principle yes Mac Vue can import obj-files - but since the update to 4.11 it looks like that it doesn't work anymore. By the way, some 3DS-files are suddenly not importable too. I haven't found out what's the reason for this. I am so happy that somebody else has the same problem, because it looked like, that i am the only one with this problem. I reported this bug (?) several time to the e-on support without any answer. They are still thinking !? But there is a simple work around for the moment. Open the obj-file in Poser, save it there as a pz3-file and import this into Vue! :-) Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

MarianneR ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 12:19 PM

Thank you for the info. :-) It seems that the demo is the same version. The "about-box" says "4.11-02 Build 259068". Marianne

e-on ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 1:23 PM

Walther, you are implying that you never got a response from e-on tech support, which is not true. I'm sorry to sound rough, but I feel personnaly offended each time I come around here and see such statements. As I hope you realize, e-on software and especially myself go a long way to provide high quality support.
We have been exchanging e-mails regarding this problem and in my last e-mail I told you our development team is looking into the problem. Please understand that this takes time.

Regards.
Steve Bell
e-on tech support manager.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2002 at 1:59 PM

Only some remarks to Steve's message. My original question was "Does it work"/"Doesn't it work"? Last time i sent this question to e-on is minimum 1 week ago (and i reported this thing since probably beta 3) - i will verify this when i am back in my office. The only answer i had so far is, that e-on support has received my (last) mail and is working on this problem. But a simple yes or no would have been enough for me. I don't want to discuss this thing in public any further (Gebe, maybe you lock this one). Perhaps it is my fault, that i am not paqtient enough. I wanted to give an answer to this newbie AND to escalate the thing to the next level. Which was successful! regards, Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.