Fri, Sep 20, 4:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Zygote Millenium Man / Millenium Women

Tribe ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2000 at 4:18 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:37 PM

First off folks, I'd like to thank Chad Smith of Zygote for his responses to the QA's posted to this forum. As he and zygote are keen on positive feedback from the poser community and we have their ear, yes, they've just modelled it and it is available from their web site! Here goes, and oh yeah I promise not to do any chronic complaining, only a little constructive negative critisism now and again! I am slightly worried that millenium Man will be milli on steroids. Hope that isn't gonna happen. Also I do hope that the Zygote modellers address the problems areas that the current P4 male model has in the hip, groin area. When the poor man crouches he looks like his stepped on a landmine. And I also hope that he gets more realistic genitals, I'm sure he deserves them. Thank again Zygote, for listening, Tribe.

black-canary ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2000 at 4:23 PM

Hey, at least he HAS genitals! Not so poor Vicky.

chadly ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2000 at 6:26 PM

Thanks for the input, Tribe. :) I'm not sure what you mean by "milli on steroids", however. Could you explain that a little more specifically so that we'll be able to watch out for that? The other two sound like good pointers; I'll keep them in mind for when we get to that point. Thanks again. -Chad

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2000 at 7:01 PM

Possibly the concern is an equal number of vertexes, just pushed around a little. With a few extra kludged onto the hip.

chadly ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2000 at 7:21 PM

If that's the case, then don't worry. The Man's head and body will be created "from scratch", certainly not using Victoria as a starting point. -Chad

Tribe ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 1:15 PM

Thanks Imacken, Yes, that is what I meant. I'm glad to hear that the new male model will be created from scratch. Will the new model have more realistic hair? best wishes to Chad and the rest of the Zygote development team. Hope all goes well and we have Milli's partner soon. Tribe.

chadly ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 1:26 PM

Yes, Zygote will create at least a couple of hairstyles specifically for the new man, and they should be much more realistic than the current male styles available. (Is it just me, or does Posette have a lot better options available for hair than the poor Poser man?) These hairstyles will be sold seperately from the man, as with those Zygote made for Victoria. Thanks for all the support and feedback! -Chad

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 1:38 PM

Oh so the Millenium Man will be Kojak out of the box? :-) There are three reasons why the P4 Fem has more hair available than the man: 1) Most modellers seem to prefer working with her (I think most of them are male, and this is the only way a man can ever - short of violence - totally control a woman...) 2) There are more resources available (web sites, style books, etc) for female hair than for male (just check out, say http://www.hairdos.com to see what I mean; I think there are over 500 female hairstyles, about 50 childrens styles and about 75 mens there, but I haven't really kept track). 3) Women generally have more variety in how they wear their hair than men do (which probably relates back to reasons 1 and 2). The same arguments relate to clothes as well, and probably textures. Of course one other reason why the woman gets more attention than the man is that the model seems to have had more work put into it initially, and just plain looks better.

black-canary ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 1:52 PM

I'm a woman and I much prefer working with the P4 woman (or victoria!)--because the other models look kind of crappy, and because there's no fun accessories for them. If there were interesting clothes for the kids, or if the man's face didn't look like a shark's (those eyes way over at the sides of the head), or if I could put sexy hair on him I'd spend more time posing him. Also I think women are a little softer-featured so look better as 3d models then men, who so far seem to be modeled to be ugly versions of the women instead of genuinely manly. I'd been thinking of getting the zygote knight or merman because they look cool and I really would like a male model who would be fun to pose and not look like a goofball. But now I'll probably be saving for millenium man instead... Oh, another thing about why I (and probably some other female poser-heads) prefer to pose and dress the female models--it's a lot like playing with dolls, but for grownups, and I don't actually have to sew to make new clothes for them! :-) Mary

chadly ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 2:34 PM

Hmmmm, interesting stuff. Those factors make a lot of sense to me. It will be interesting to see what the effects will be when we release the Millennium Man. I imagine that, although Victoria had a lot of competition with all that's been done for Posette, there won't be nearly as many people anxious to cling to the "Poser dork". :) -Chad

Tribe ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 7:09 AM

Hi Chad, Have you considered previewing your M/Man model to the Poser community before you release it? This would have obvious benefits, not least would be to avoid post release criticism and updates. Also why not tap the immense talent of this community, which is obvious to anyone that sees the standard of work here and involve them. It could only help. best regards, Tribe.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.