Thu, Sep 19, 9:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Accident in Progress......suggestions?

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 3:06 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 7:43 AM

file_36460.jpg

I was playing around in the terrain editor and came up with this foreground by accident. I liked and and added a few things...

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 3:20 PM

What a happy accident! :) It looks like the seals are on some sort of ice cliff - is that intentional? Also, I'm not sure if I want the mountain in the background to be ice, gray stone, or just go away altogether and leave a sea of ice. Lin

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 3:57 PM

Yes it is intentional, They are just out looking around I guess:).I know what you mean about the mountain, I kind of like it there, but feel it should be more.....bright?whiter?further away? Don't know yet, but I like the way the shape of it is.

FWTempest ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 4:15 PM

kinda looks like something's written in the terrain on the right... or am I seeing things? probably seeing things ;)

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 5:04 PM

file_36461.jpg

Nothing written in the terrain...though it gives me even more ideas,:) not for this render though. Here it is without the mountain in the background.... and a few more seals playing.......

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 5:28 PM

This looks much better without the mountain. Perhaps you put a mountain in the front with a closeup of an elder seal who is watching the younger play? Greets, Jimi

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 6:24 PM

I like this without the mountain also. But I do see what you mean about the shape being neat. Looking at it and letting my mind relax, I got the idea that the mountain is actually the Great Seal God, watching over its children... Lin

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:28 PM

file_36462.jpg

?LIKE THIS?

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 16 December 2002 at 11:49 PM

Iceberg Ahoy! scrunch (gotta learn to turn that wheel faster.) I liked the fist one best - perhaps with more work with icebergs falling into the sea or something like that? allthough that last one is pretty good too ... - TJ

ttops ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 2:02 AM

Real nice accident!..

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 3:12 AM

Really nice! I like the second one, gives a feeling of space...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Colette1 ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 11:04 AM

Thanks guys for all the nice comments...no suggestions for improvement? I will post them all in my gallery I think, I kind of like the last one but have to work on the edge of the rock in foreground(3rd)..looks kind of like it just...I don't know yet...just doesn't look right.:)I will be adding a nighttime scene that came out pretty cool too, will let ya'll know when their up.:) Gotta run!

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 7:18 PM

colette, I like the overall look of the picture I have some ideas you could try - these are intended as suggestions not criticisms. with that in mind, hold on to your hat: water texture appears to me to be way out of scale (to large.) I feel that the iceberg texture is way too snowy looking - shinier? it looks to me as though the icebergs may be sticking too far out of the water.(?) haze doesn't seem right to me - either blend the haze color more with the water or contrast it with the water color. the clouds look about right but maybe a little more texture to them. maybe put a lattice or two in with the bergs to break up the flatness of them. - TJ

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2002 at 7:20 PM

err Colette. sorry about that - my spellchecker's on vacation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.