Thu, Sep 19, 9:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: PANIC: What did I do and how do I fix it?

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 3:30 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 3:11 PM

I imported a whole bunch of materials to Bryce this morning. It went well. I decided to go thru all of my downloads and sort the zips into the places they should be.dxf's in dxf files,obp in obp files,etc. I went into Bryce to work ona new image and have no objects, no materials no anything! when I try to import I get a message saying error no object found! Please help if you can.:((

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 3:33 PM

Also where you would click user/installed...that is not there any more.:(

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 3:44 PM

I can't add anything, when I click on import to bring in a material I get a message sayin an unexpected error has occured (object not found) All of my skies are gone too, everything...booo hoooo:(

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 4:23 PM

Run Bryce install, it'll remedy the missing menu control. You will have to re-import add ons you've put in yourself. When I install progs I usually make a copy of the "addons Folders" and store them on CD or another drive. That way if the prog fries, I just re-install and drop all the folders in. Hope this helps.

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 5:13 PM

Okay,now all of you will know just how really computer illiterate I am..:)to run Bryce install do I just reinstall over Bryce with the disk?Oh what are the add on folders? the stuff I added? I do have copies of all my stuff on my D drive(whatever that is)so since I have copies..I just drop them into where? I have always had to add each material/object one at a time thru the import area?

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 5:43 PM

STEP ONE Yes, At this point Run Bryce install from the CD right over what you have now. Open Bryce afterwards and take a look around to see if it looks normal or still messed up. When you install over something It usually rewrites on top of what is there and not replace any of the extras you've added. That goes with any software. Nevermind the add on Folder thingys for now. :) We'll get back to that.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 5:45 PM

OH BTW....did you reboot yet?

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 7:07 PM

Okay, sorry it took me so long, The kids got home from school and all is chaos for about an hour after they walk thru the door. Okay...everything is back as it was.... Thanks..whew...thought I was a goner ..LOL Okay, now is there an easy way to put back in the materials and objects I saved? Unfortuately some of my objects were lost but I think i can get them ack from old pics I saved:)?

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 7:47 PM

That's a good Idea especially if you lost most of them. BRB

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 8:03 PM

file_37018.jpg

That's a good Idea especially if you lost most of them. Once you have your textures and objects re-loaded, shut down bryce - open windows explorer - copy the folders with your presets and addons, and save them to another drive or onto CD. When you ever have to reload just copy these back where you got them from and it's back the way you like it. I have about 12 CDs right now and I'm only half done, but I save everything.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2002 at 8:06 PM

Oh Yeah, typically the default directory Bryce installs into is: C:program_filesCorelbryce I put mine in C:GSWcorelbryce

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:49 AM

Thanks, ICMgraphics, forwarned is forarmed, gonna back up my stuff right now....:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 10:20 AM

I am so ashamed...I posted a hearty thank you last night, but must not have posted it. looking in here today, I am looking and looking and do not see it, I am moost greatful for your help. This program is really a lifesaver to me, right now literally. It is my little corner in my house, the only place I can "retreat". I have a lot of "stuff" heaped on my plate right now...God must think I am super- human,LOL.... Thanks.:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.