Tue, Oct 22, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: How do clothes fit on Vicky 3?

a_super_hero ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:55 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:42 AM

How do the old clothes fit on Vicki 3? Could someone show a few examples using stuff like the Anton's Adventures, catsuit, pants and shirt? Can the clothes be tweaked into conforming or is it a major work to get them fitting. Thanks Super

thgeisel ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:12 PM

Got v3 three hours ago,but from what i see, clothes dont fit and i think it will be a lot of work to make them conforming to v3,( reminds me of the days when viccy 1 came out and people tried to get posettes cloth work on viccy)

a_super_hero ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:18 PM

How bad is it? Any chance for a few pictures?

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:23 PM

Yea. I was hoping they would have the clothing ready too. I don't do many "Nekkid Vicki in a Temple" images, so I won't be able to use her much until then. But, I can at least start learning what V3's morphing capabilities. And I can use V3 to V2, but I don't think all of the morphs are there.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:25 PM

what=about We need edit capabilities...:)

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:32 PM

Gee, this is a little disappointing. I wish they would have made at lest a body suit untill the clothes come out. I guess this is where we use post work, which I'm not good at. I can put leaves from tubs on the part I don't like flashing out at the world. :O) Anyway can't wait to try all the stuff I bought. Naked or not.

Love is Grandchildren.

greenbd ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:37 PM

Using Vicki 1's clothing pak 1 from DAZ (t-shirt & slacks), the shoulders, hips, and thighs stuck out quite a bit. V3's chest is smaller than V2's, so there's no trouble there. Someone else said the V2 shoes fit her well. But V3 Base also comes with a fit-to-V2 .cr2, so you can still use your existing clothes on that.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:45 PM

Look into your !Mat V3 folder, there is a Matpose for a CatSuit - she has it build in so to say, along with pants, gloves, wetsuits and stockings. Gee people, did you never look at the ReadMe or at the Product page or don't you explore the contents of your new folders? ;-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:56 PM

Puntmomaus, I am aware of the !MAT V3 folder. I have already used it, but it is not clothing. They at least have the bikini ready, since they used it in the Promo images. Too bad they did not provide it as freestuff like they did for V1.

zechs ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 12:59 PM

Ok Ok, she comes with a backwards compatible version. You have to load that one to use the old clothes and textures.

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:03 PM

Puntomaus , I haven't programed Vicky 3 in my work station. I just burned the cd so I could get all the stuff on my art computer-Or should I say my Poser 4 computer. Thanks for info.

Love is Grandchildren.

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:06 PM

Yes, you can do that zechs, but V3 to V2 does not have any morphs. The face morph injection files may work, but the body ones will not. Too bad DAZ did not create the the morphs for both versions. :(

milamber42 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:08 PM

Ok. I need to proof read better here. :)

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:21 PM

Tops fit pretty well, Bottoms are a problem. I tried a few different ones, and can make the skirts fit if I don't pose her from a basic standing position too much. I hope Mike 3 can use all the Mike 2 clothing I've got. Or maybe someone will come up with a new type of taylor program to fit V2 and M2 clothing to the new figures.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:24 PM

Milamber, no it's no clothing, it works like the subdividing materials - you can add textures or colors to this bodyparts :-).

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Kinouk ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:29 PM

I'm thread barren (pun) from reading all these threads..but have learned a lot. Hugz

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 1:37 PM

Remember that K.Weiser has some catsuit creations that I am currently working on to see if they will conform to the V3 character. I would think that most of the body glove type stuff should work. Still experimenting...I'll let you know.

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:21 PM

Well don't try the experiment that I did. Everything went poof! Back to the drawing board.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 2:48 PM

How does Tailor work with v3 - any issues?

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 5:06 PM

How does Tailor work with v3 - any issues? It will not work. V3 gives an error on line 382. V3 to V2 errors at 4168.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 5:35 PM

file_37149.jpg

If you have P5, the dynamic clothing works on V3 with only minor tweaking (a little scaling and adjusting.) This is the P5 Beach Dress after less than five minutes' work.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:22 PM

Yup...I'm discovering the same thing. Judy and Vicky 3 and Don can share waredrobe.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 6:49 PM

The slicing wasn't LUDICROUSLY different, so I tried to make a Quick Conform pose to make the joint parameters in Vic2 clothes match Vic3. That worked and the JPs followed nicely, but their body shapes are different. Vic3 actually has a vaguely human body shape. ^_~ Anyway, I don't have the patience to work out scaling that will make them fit right now, BUT if someone else does, I can put them into the QC pose and make a pose that should make older clothes workable.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.