Wed, Sep 18, 12:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: So...Dan Farr...

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:52 PM · edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 6:19 AM

Now that Vicky 3 has made her debut--and a pretty amazing one at that--can Mike 3 be far behind?

Christmas 2003? Veterans Day? Summer Solstice? (:D

danfarr ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2002 at 11:59 PM

Mark,

As soon as we wrap up a few of the related V3 products we will get started on Mike 3. I expect that we will start on him in early January. Hopefully since we have had a pretty steep learning curve on setting up V3 the way she is we have many of the bumps worked out and he will go faster. With that being said, Vickie took us about 6 months to develop.

So I can't give you a firm date, but I can say a firm yes he is coming. Also, some people have speculated that we will include V3 and M3 with DAZ Studio. Not a chance, they will still be sold separately.

Dan Farr

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:15 AM

Great news, Dan. Glad to hear that.

Your products are certainly worth the wait and the price. You guys have set the standard for quality and customer service. Thanks for all your good works...

droyd ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:26 AM

V3 looks great so far you've got me sold. But since you brought up Daz Studio how about another peak at what you've up to lately in your underground lair? If you want to keep teasing us all that's fine we can take it! Throw us a bone here...or some mag..ma.... or even a shark with frickin lazer beams attached to it's head!

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:50 AM

Throw us a bone? They just gave up a full 7 course meal with V3! Take your time, chew your food before swallowing, and desert will show up soon enough. ;-)

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:08 AM

LOL that was pretty funny droyd. Marque

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:50 AM

Dan, Glad to hear you aren't going to let Mike fade off in the distance and there will be a Mike 3. Hope you do him as well as V3. There is one body part that really needs some work with better movement and morphs to make it work more realistically and I hope you address that. Thanks Cherokee

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:54 AM

Thank you so much, Dan!!! I must commend you and Daz3d for a wonderful job on V3. And I feel as if someone was listening when I (and others) complained about the "lack of authenticity" of morphing features of other models into other ethnicities, such as attaining true Asian facial features. No longer can I complain as, finally, someone - that'd be you guys! ;) - has made these possible with extreme attention to detail. If M3 is anything near as complex, variable, and carefully constructed as V3, I'll take three to go! Keep up the superb work!!! - BeatYourSoul

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:09 AM

MIKE 3??????????????? OH MY GOD......starts panting and running in circles.....

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:09 AM

Here's a paper bag for ya, Syyd. Breathe slowly and imagine what you can do with Mike3 when released.

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:13 AM

Thanks.....hyperventilation over, ideas streaming forth, its a consciousness thing...

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:28 AM

Cherokee, I know, I know. I've always thought that Mike needed more forearm morphs. You can never have enough forearm morphs. Dan, old buddy... what comes first, Daz Studio or Mike 3? Just trying to get the timeline into perspective...

Syyd ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:23 PM

MIKE!!!!!!!!! and make bigger hands please.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 2:17 PM

Jim, Forearm morphs would be cool but I was referring to an area a little lower on the anatomy. We have to use Ulf's prop there at the moment. Syyd, Bigger hands would be cool but I just recale them on Mike 2 and it seems to work just fine. Dan, Sure hope that with mike 3 the clothes for Mike 2 will fit. I heard that the Vicky 2 clothing won't fit Vicky 3...don't do that with Mike 3.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 2:50 PM

Me, I still want a way to put the high res hands that come with poser on Mike .. But look forward to him

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 3:28 PM

Jugding only from items made for the vickies and mikes, I'd say interest in a male character is about half or less than a female. IMHO, interest in a new, up-to-date, working, reliable posing-type program, is far greater than in another male figure. Although most will probably buy both :) I know I will. Please, if possible, do Studio first!

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:33 PM

The problem is that Daz Studio may be six or eight months away from anything near a release. I don't feel like waiting nearly a year for M3 when it could be completed in several months. Of course, that's my opinion. Anyway, one would think that these are two ventures with separate "crews" for the most part, so both should be able to be developed simultaneously.

danfarr ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 4:47 PM

Fortunately, Mike 3 development and DAZ Studio development is being done by different teams so one does not exclude the other. As far as some more images for DAZ Studio and more information, I will see if we can show and announce something in early January. The development process is moving along nicely but,we just want to be very careful not to overhype studio. I do think that we can announce a tenative timely in January though. Dan Farr

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 8:06 AM

Dear Dan, Victoria3 is amazing product and the best of all models made by DAZ productions that is clear.. Mike 3 will only a dream and I hope his new "bones" will so good as by V3. Much success! Cath Harders

rdf ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:22 AM

Attached Link: very good fantasy novel (click here)

Ditto all the good comments about Vicky 3 and requests for a timely Mike 3. And if you're still looking for the perfect model for Mike 3 ... ... be sure to give me a call. ;*)

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:46 AM

ew ew ew if Daz Studio comes without figures, then my guess is it will be very reasonably priced...wahoo!

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 11:22 AM

They might have V1 and M1 low res for figures. I think they'll need something so people can get started with DAZ Studio out of the box.

asrai ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 2:39 PM

Thank you Dan for the info. and keeping your customers informed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.