Sat, Sep 21, 6:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Poser Sold By Metacreations

lilmikee ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2000 at 11:47 PM ยท edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 7:11 AM

There might be some of you that already know this that Metacreations has made it known as of last year that it had planned to sell off their award wining software to pursue webdesign programs. Well they have found several buyers. Poser was recently sold to EGI Systems and you will have to go through EGI for further updates and support after April 30th. Also there alot of Poser users out there who use Bryce, which was recently purchased by Corel who also purchased KPT and Painter. Also Adobe purchased Canoma. If you want further information go to the Metacreations site at www.metacreations.com,www.corel.com,www.adobe.com, or www.egisys.com

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 12:10 AM

And Adobe also purchased Carrara.

Geekholder ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 12:44 AM

I believe MetaC has now found buyers for all of their programs. Well, except for Infini-D and Ray Dream, but they planned to discontinue those anyway.

Kolschey ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 7:33 AM

Yes. From the promotional literature, it seems that Metacreations created Carrara to be a fusion/upgrade of Infini-D and Ray Dream Studio.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2000 at 8:51 AM

Thanks, lilmikee, for sharing this information. I'm sure there are some members, especially new ones, who might not have heard this yet. Actually, it's been a hot topic here on this board for quite some time now. Curious Labs has bought Poser and it's being run by three of the original Poser design folks, and I believe I read that they plan to recruit more former MetaCreations employees, so it's in very good hands. Can't wait to see what Poser 5 will offer us. Melanie :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.