Wed, Oct 23, 8:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue vs Bryce??

Mistfall ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 8:45 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 8:31 AM

Hi! I am thinking of purchasing either Vue or Bryce for use with Poser-generated figures as well as other .obj files. What are the differences between the two programs? Pro's and cons' of the two? Thanks for any input!

MightyPete ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 10:07 PM

We no longer answer that question here. Click on Cool & Groovy and Free, the answer you seek has been answered over a million times at least here already.

Mistfall ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 10:17 PM

Thanks! Sorry for the gaucherie!

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 2:48 AM

Best is, you give both a try in downloading the free 30 day demo:-). Guitta guittalogo.GIF

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:08 AM

Wouldn't it be good to add this "problem" into the FAQ-section up in the header? And say there "FAQ AND Vue OR Bryce". It is enough space there to do it like this. Then we don't have to be rude all the time to show how disturbed we are by this stupid question! How can anybody know that she/he have an answer to her/his important question (Vue or Bryce) under "Cool & Groovy & Free"?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:17 AM

Visitors who doesn't look at the "cool and groovy..." will not look at the "FAQ" either. The question is NOT stupid and we are NOT disturbed by it, we just can send the asker to the right place. :-)Guitta

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:19 AM

That's true we need a link just for that I think. It's just to obviously easy for people to overlook. Make it show it shows up in really BIG letters when you click new thread ! ha ha,,,,

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:41 AM

Guitta, i know that you (and all the others) are not disturbed. But it sounds like sometimes. See the reply from Mistfall in this thread. I think we should give all help that's possible. And at the moment when somebody new comes to this forum with this important question, it is not 200% clear where to look! But it should - otherwise people will ask this question again and again. As it is at the moment. I think you are right, that people will not look under "FAQ" but maybe under "FAQ + Vue vs Bryce" when it is called like this. You are right that people should think first before asking questions (sorry for that Mistfall, but it has more to do with questions like "where can i find tutorials for Vue" etc than with your question), but at the moment the riddle "where can i find infos to Vue vs Bryce" seems to be too difficult.

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:57 AM

I think so too, it's not obvious enough where to look to get the answer, and that's why people keep asking it. Navigation of web pages was on the 10 most common mistakes on web page design this year. Don't you just love web pages you just want to get some info but it's in there 10 layers deep or you can't find it at all? Like free meshes are available on this site say but you can never find the download page. Or 50.000 questions just to get a silly mesh. Or textures places without zips or a button take em all like right now... Ha Ha, Like look at the steps you got to load a file up to your home page here and you can only do a single file at a time. Barbaric. Not being rude to Misfall or anything, I answered their question.Like if we had it well posted maybe we could be rude but that's not the case here. I wouldn't do that anyway, everyone starts at the bottom... After all this is the friendly Vue forum at Renderosity, some of the other forums here are war zones.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 3:59 AM

I cannot change "FAQ" to anything else, because this is given by Renderosity. On the other side, we are not a Bryce forum. Comparing Vue to Bryce or another software is just a thread here and there. If you like, you can save the direct link to it somewhere on your HD and give it away when needed: http://market.renderosity.com/%7Evue/compare.html Mistfall's "... Sorry for the gaucherie!" was a reaction to what MightyPete wrote. He was a little harsh in answering this way. Mistfall has not to apologize for his question:-)!!! Guitta

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:07 AM

The other top 10 mistakes in web page design was fake FAQ's. Like this question has to be #1 and it's not even in the FAQ and the #2 must be where can I find meshes and number #3 where can I find a program to do this. #4 where can I find textures. Cool Groovy FREE and MORE FAQ's ? BRYCE SUCKS ! That will get there attention! Ha ha

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:17 AM

We have this in the FAQ: For tips, tutorials, monthly challenge info and more, visit our forum Annex area. http://www.renderosity.com/~vue/ But I will try to do it some better way as soon as I have a little time:-)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:19 AM

I think we even coukd take away nearly all the links, even the cool and groovy and free and put these detailed in the FAQ. What do you think?

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:56 AM

I would not take away I'd add, Ha ha make it so there is no room left an the page everything links that take you there. Like a mine field ! ha ha On mouse overs. Those irritating texts that foliow the mouse ! Kinda wierd that we do not and can't edit the FAQ's? Isn't it? They got a thing about editing here. I'd just try to make it as plain as possible so even the blind can find it. Like if they find the forum they figure there home free and post before they look around. Like it don't bother me in the least that people ask only there there ends up being 10.000 different theads saying basically the same thing. Too bad you don't have sticky notes on this forum then you could stick threads like that to the top so they do not go away. My place has a forum like that. Keeps it organized. Got to make it so it's really easy to see. Maybe a nice graphic button link.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:59 AM

Of course, I can edit the FAQs, but not the FAQ title:-)

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 5:49 AM

Oh well then add a whole wad of links there. Too bad you just can't redirect it to the other spot then just add those few questions to the Cool stuffs page. At least we have a spot lots of forums here don't.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 7:15 AM

Open kindly your eyes, MightyPete;-) and have a look at the header. (It's now up since 50 minutes already) This shows that even "older" Forum users seems to be blind (LOL)

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 9:30 AM

good reply Guitta! :-))

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 12:00 PM

I work in the service industry. With government employees for that matter. If anyone is irritated by people who won't click the Help button or take one minute to try and fix something themselves, it's me. But I try to hold my tongue and my feelings. All being smart-assed does is give me a bad rating at work. However, it's different environment here. I would say part of the decision to buy a particular piece of software (instead of another) is knowing you have a friendly place to get some help. Mistfall may have left this forum with the idea, "Screw THAT forum!" Now, if we have all the "Vue people" we want, then fine. But I say ANY new owners of Vue and members to this forum serve only to benefit everyone. And as nasty as the Poser forum gets sometimes, I'm not sure I've seen many harsher or more insulting replies (as I saw above) when people have asked the same question that has been asked and answered many times before.

YL ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 12:28 PM

We just have discussed that question some times ago. For me the solution is someone should reply "Click on Cool & Groovy and Free" etc.. without agressive words. ;=) Yves

DigitalOasis ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 12:29 PM

I asked that same question as well, and was given a few different opinions but one That helped the most is trying them both out like Gebe said. ChuckEvans Has a great point as well. I Don't post much for that reason to many people lash out without thinking in forums. hahaha knowing good and well if they were face to face with that person they would not have done so in most cases. We should be curtious and try to help these people out as much as possible. The link idea is the best way. Share what links we have and let that be it.

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 4:28 PM

I seen that I private messaged her. If people think I was being rude well you don't know me then. I answered the question but that's true and a good point to try the demo's and see for yourself. I tried the demos. When things cost hundreds of dollars I take nobodys word for anything. There is lots of nice good rated software out there that I'll never figure out how to use in a million years. You can't go on peoples opinions only. I look at the program personally and then the quality and quantity of the nice stuff people have made with it. You can tell pretty fast if few have mastered the program. Cost is no garantee of success.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 5:55 PM

Not to belabor the issue, but I don't know you well enough to know if the way you answered the question is just your style. Certainly, it seems Mistfall was rubbed the wrong way. And finally, I wouldn't expect her to know you very well, either. As an example, on nearly the same day, I'll post the response to an equally basic question asked in the photography by a newbie who just joined: "Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum.....I suggest you click on the Resource Center link above and head on over to the Photo Dictionary.....that might be of some help to you with the techy word stuff. And stick around here you'll learn quite a bit just by osmosis.... :~)" And I'm sure she has to answer a lot of repeat questions like that. So, above, I think, is a nicer way to welcome someone to the forum.

Mistfall ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 6:15 PM

Thanks for making the upfront-and-center FAQ link! I have to admit that I didn't even think to look in "Groovy and Free" because I assumed that was a link to nifty downloads rather than info! That's what I get for assuming. I'm not offended - it was stupid of me to post a question that a minute's forethought would have told me has been asked a zillion times. Thanks about the tip on the trial downloads. I find it helpful to follow the thread with people's opinions, though, also. I'm trying to teach myself four 3D programs already in my spare time after work, so I'm eager to narrow my field down wherever I can! Thanks, folks!

Mistfall ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 6:38 PM

Thanks for making the upfront-and-center FAQ link! I have to admit that I didn't even think to look in "Groovy and Free" because I assumed that was a link to nifty downloads rather than info! That's what I get for assuming. I'm not offended - it was stupid of me to post a question that a minute's forethought would have told me has been asked a zillion times. Thanks about the tip on the trial downloads. I find it helpful to follow the thread with people's opinions, though, also. I'm trying to teach myself four 3D programs already in my spare time after work, so I'm eager to narrow my field down wherever I can! Thanks, folks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.