Mon, Sep 9, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: photoshop brushes for hair and fur....would any of you have a link?

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2003 at 8:08 PM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 3:01 PM

a couple of years ago, i downloaded a group of about 20 brushes for hair/fur. my old computer was stolen, so , i lost them, and the link. i did not have them backed up. but, if any of you have a link to them, i would be very greatful. keeping fingers crossed. i got mine from a tutorial site. so many have gone to pay, now.

dampeoples ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2003 at 8:37 PM

Look at RDNA is freestuff. I do believe Nikitacreed or Traveler posted some.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2003 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: Menagerie 3D

Bloodsong has some great ones in the goodie section on her site (check under 2D). I use them all the time and love them.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2003 at 8:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/artistdownload.ez?Who=AprilYSH&fileid=2022&key=380577

for a limited time only... (my bandwidth is shortly gonna die for the month.)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 12:33 AM

April, no chance of having these compatible with Photoshop 5,5? My 5.5 refuses them (great thing the backwards compatibility, eh Adobe?) Thank you :-) Orio

_dodger ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 2:38 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=14488

I sell a really cheap (as cheap as Renderosity lets me make it) set of brushes sampled from actual brushes. With the spacing turned down to 5%, the fan brushes work well for hair. Also see my [Yet Another Hair Tutorial](http://www.dodger.org/friv/hairtut), which doesn't require my brushes at all, and uses only brushes packaged with Photoshop 5.5. Both the tut and my brush set were both made in Photoshop 5.5

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 6:09 AM

thanks guys. this is a big help...now, am trying to figure out exactly to change to .jbr format for psp

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 7:19 AM

file_40276.jpg

the brushes are in the boxes, the strokes to the right are samples of what they do. ok, you select each square of dots inside the red boxes, not including the red boxes, and do Edit > Define Brush. you can do this from photoshop 4 upwards, and i'm sure psp has something similar. in photoshop remember to make sure spacing is set to 1% or as low as possible to make the lines smooth. so you can see, you can easily create your own brushes. :) why take fish when you can take fishing lessons huh? ;) Poppi if it is a compatible version all you would do is change the file .abr extension to .jbr. Doesn't always work. :|

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

tasquah ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 9:43 AM

Much thanks for the hair brush's AprilYSH

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 4:41 PM

thanks april...i will use these. i went to the psp forum this morning, before work and found out how to change them. i actually do have photoshop, but, not loaded in...my computer's really dinky.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.