Tue, Oct 22, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Texture maps for spawned props question

rtamesis ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 12:42 AM ยท edited Fri, 23 August 2024 at 5:51 AM

I created a skull cap by spawning a prop from Vicky's head with the intention of creating something similar to what Kozaburo had created for Nene. However, I'm at a loss as to how to create a texture map for this. I tried exporting it as an obj file and then using UV mapper on it, but when I try to apply it to the original prop, it doesn't align properly. Can someone explain how to create texture maps for spawned props? Thanks!

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 1:08 AM

when you used uvmapper, did you create a new uvmap and then resave the obj? if not, you've got a map that doesn't fit the old model. Export obj - open it in uvmapper - create a new map to your liking - save the template - save the model - there ya go :) -Darth_Logice

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 5:22 AM

Darth has it 100% - the most important step is to remember to save the remapped OBJ file after saving your map. I can't tell you how much cursing there was before I discovered that :) Paul

rtamesis ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 7:23 AM

Thank you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.