Sun, Oct 6, 6:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Something useful I discovered about P4 hair

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 2:35 PM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Apologies if you already know this but I made an interesting discovery last night, while I was trying to finish off my Aladdin 2003 pic (now in my gallery page - shameless plug:)) I wanted to get Bowie's 1971 "Mullet" style, but couldn't find anything close enough. Yann hair is perfect for the spiky top, but there's no hair at the back for the long section. DAZ's Wonder Wedge was ideal for the back, but useless for the top... you get the idea. So, how about loading 2 hair styles at once? Ever tried it? Well, you can't, not with just one figure in the pic anyhow. But then again - with a little cheating - you can have 2 hairstyles at once! You have to save one out again as a prop (you can smart prop it to save time), then delete the original hair out of your scene. Load the prop version in, then the other hair figure you want to use and - et viola! - there they are.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:01 PM

Or....... load one, parent it to ground load second reparent first to figure's head Scarab<-you have to know these things when youre a king...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:17 PM

Now, that's pretty groovy, Scarab.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hecate ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:28 PM

There's also a tutorial over at PoserStyle, I think it is, about how to rework 2 or more hair models into one using the grouping tools.

galactron22 ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 3:31 PM

Aso...Acient poser Secret.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 4:23 PM

Thank you! :)

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 7:40 PM

What I've done is to bring in the first hair to my primary character, then I bring in a low-res figure(even the stickman) and bring in the second hair for that character. Then I manually move the second hair object over to the primary character and parent it to his/her head. After that's done, you can delete the stickman. Two hair objects on one head! Melanie

_dodger ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2003 at 9:14 AM

Or you can always just copy your .hr2 files into a props directory and rename the extension to .pp2.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2003 at 7:58 PM

That's a great idea! Melanie

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 12:04 PM

Yes, but if TWO African swallows carried a coconut on a piece of twine...... I guess that's why I'm not a King yet.... mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.