Sun, Oct 6, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser preferences not saving

n3k0 ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 12:19 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:26 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_41843.jpg

OK, so I finally built a new computer and I copied over my Poser files (from my other computer) and re-installed Poser 4 and intstalled 4.03 patch. I set Poser to the way I want it to start up, then went to "Edit" then "General Prefence" then ser "Document Preference" to "Launch to Preferred State" and "Interface Preference" to "Use Previous State" and then clicked "Set Preferred State". I exit Poser, then restart Poser. Well, Posette shows up on the document window (I always liked to be greeted by Posette instead of Poser Dork) but the rest of the other elements are not in the position I placed them. Tried it several times, but the positions still don't get saved. Is there a file in which Poser saves this sort of information? I'm running on Windows2000 Professional using an account with administrative rights. Here's what it looks like the way I want it to look.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2003 at 11:20 AM

I think though I an not absolutely sure that the preferences are saved to the Poser.RSR in the Poser 4 directory, perhaps this file is write protected on your system?

I am also using Win 2k Pro with administrative rights, and have no problems saving preferences. As a last resort workround you could try setting a UI dot, so that you can restore the pallet positions if they come in at the wrong place.

n3k0 ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 12:37 AM

I copied poser.exe and poser.rsr from my other computer (which I haven't reformatted and re-os'd, until I finished with file transfers (lots)). I also copied the PREF folder. And then I tried re-installing from the CD and then do an incremental patching (4.02.116, 4.02.117, 4.02.118, 4.02.118a, 4.03). Still no go. Then I ran Poser within the poser directory instead of from the desktop shortcut and start menu shortcut, and whadayaknow... it works. Tried from the pre-made shortcuts, doesn't save settings. Tried again from within poser directory, does save settings. Deleted desktop shortcut, recreate desktop shortcut, tried again. BAM. It works. Damn shortcuts. Oh yeah, I checked Curious Labs web page and there was a note that there was a bug with 4.03 not saving preferences.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 1:04 PM

Strange %)

illusions ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 9:38 AM

This is a problem that cropped up with the 4.03 patch, it doesn't set the "start in" directory in "properties". Open "properties" for your P4 shortcut and make the "start in" directory your Poser Directory. Once you do that, Poser will save your preferences in the proper place and it will start using your preferences.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.