Sat, Sep 21, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Victoria eyelash textures, why are there 8 spots on the template for 4 lashes?

Meddlesom ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 6:04 AM ยท edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 8:39 AM

I tried to explain it all in the topic, hehe... Why are there eight eyelash areas on the template? Are these seperate maps for the top and bottom of the lashes, as in.. do the lower lashes have a different texture for when they are viewed from above as opposed to being viewed from below? I know that there are "Eyelashes" and "EyeLashes" in the materials listing, is that a the reason? What is the difference between the two eyelash materials? I also notice that there appears to be two sets of eyeballs on the texture template, are these front and back textures?

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 18 January 2003 at 5:05 PM

OK, you must be talking about V1.

"Eyelashes" and "EyeLashes = This is an artifact. the one at the bottom of the list has not actual material, it is redundant - DAZ made a mistake when they did the V2P4 geometry and changed the case on two material names. The old names just came along for the ride.
MATposes with the alternate material will paste that material into your cr2 file, even if the actual geometry has nothing for it to texture.

So, No, this has nothing to do with it.

There are eight because the lashes have two layers.
If you only do transmaps for four of the eight, the lashes will be thinner.

Eyes
At the bottom you have sclera, iris, pupil
These are materials with actual substance.
At the top right you have a cornea layer.
This one is supposed to be 100% transparent and is there to provide light refections, so that a texture for the iris/pupils does not need, nor should it have white highlight inclusions.

Meddlesom ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:32 AM

Thanks Jaager, it all makes sense now and my eyelash trans map is starting to take a better shape. I replied to this once, but it seems to have not gotten through.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.