Sun, Sep 22, 3:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Boat

maga ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 1:47 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 2:37 AM

Thanks for your replies, they helped a lot. So here I am asking to help me again. Same underwater scene. I would like to place a boat on the water, so that it can be seen from underneath. I tried an ellipsoid with a wood texture, but it doesnt't work...any idea???? Ah, sorry for my English, I'm italian...:-)))

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 2:24 PM

What doesnt work? Can you not see the boat? You might want to change the water type so that it becomes more transparant ...

maga ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 2:40 PM

I can see the boat, the water is transparent enough. The problem il that the ellipsoid is too "rounded" at the bottom, and it doesn't give the impression of a boat. I tried to stretch it but I can't give a realistic effect...should I give up?

Art ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 5:18 PM

Maga, This is the place to discuss this type of problem. Why not post it as a WIP so some of us can take a look at your frustration. Perhaps there's a solution or work around just waiting to happen! Put 'er up! I mean post your picture here. - Art -

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2000 at 8:52 PM

Grreat Idea Art, By The way Lets See You all at the new Challenge Arena, ( Cheap Plug) lol Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

maga ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 1:04 PM

How can I add my image here? And what is the new Challenge arena???? Thanks

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 2:34 PM

go here for the Challenge Arena http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12372 to post a pic: by starting a new thread go to post new message and fill out the form and browse to find the image on your Hard drive to upload an image. Its about the same as uploading to a gallery. Good luck Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2000 at 9:16 AM

Maga, why don't you go to 3D cafe or somewhere like that and dl a rowboat and add material to that? Diane B

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.