Wed, Sep 18, 5:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:26 pm)

Subject: Help please - raised platform or terrain

tbird10 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 6:52 AM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:44 PM

How do I go about creating a raised platform or ground area and have a character stand on this without sinking into it?

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 8:29 AM

Slect the front camera Select the body of your figure or the props you are trying to put on the raised area Move it with the mouse or dial the Y trans. This should do the trick.

tbird10 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 9:28 AM

file_42047.jpg

Ok so I was being a little thick - This is the problem I was having if I 'lifted' a figure

tbird10 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 9:30 AM

file_42048.jpg

Then I realised that I had IK on, switching this off helped a lot, though it is still tricky to place a figure easily so that they are 'touching' the raised floor accurately

jobcontrol ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 12:38 PM

tbird, in reality they wouldn't only touch the surface, their feet would be compressed a little by their body weight. You won't like to make morphs for the feet to flatten them - and you don't have to - let them sink into the floor just a tad, it looks better (even if it is a hard floor like yours here). Just my $0.02, Willy

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2003 at 6:14 PM

file_42049.jpg

You don't need to turn IK off, click on body, bottom of screen, then move the Y-trans. Tashar 59

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.