Wed, Oct 9, 12:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Voodoo Devil Doll

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:48 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 12:34 AM

file_42615.jpg

If I make this as a figure would anyone be willing to convert it to a poser figure for me?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:48 AM

file_42616.jpg

image 2

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:53 AM

I think there was a old movie called Black VooDOO DEVIL DOLL, Where the doll had a talisman that was somehow removed that broke a curse that kept the doll's evil spirit at bay, OInce the curse was broken the Black Devil Doll came to life and relentlessly chased after the woman who took it home with a big butcher knife, I think she somehow got the Devil Doll in the oven and burned it up. But the little evil mean Devil Doll was not easy to kill.

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 10:59 AM

I remember that movie. I think it was part of a horror trilogy. (Or perhaps it was a remake of the movie that you're thinking of.) It was late 70's, I think, judging from the hairstyles. It wasn't that bad a movie, actually. Better than the Chuckie stuff, that's for sure. I can try to Poserize it. I'm still figuring out jp's, but otherwise I think I have the process down.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:05 AM

file_42617.jpg

I think it should be pretty simple to make since im not trying to make it look like a real person, Since this is really a real african mask, I think it would be the perfect one to model the character from, I looked at over 500 african objects before I picked this one. this is the original devil doll I decided to africanise the one im making because I think it looks more scary.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:13 AM

file_42618.jpg

Well in the movie the woman removed a talisman like neclace, in my creation Im going to have the talisman be a mask like this one, It kind of sembolises the devil Doll with horns.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:18 AM

file_42619.jpg

this and the one below were the 2 joices im modeling from.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:19 AM

file_42620.jpg

x

budgie ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 11:33 AM

The movie you all are thinking of is the 1975 horror flick "Trilogy of Terror" staring Karen Black.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 12:27 PM

Oh dear god! I remember that flick wih the little voodoo doll hunting the woman with the butcher knife! Haunted my dreams as a kid for YEARS!!!!! Saw it recently and laughed so much, couldn't believe that thing sacred me, oh well. I'd love a voodoo doll/priest if it was a regular full size character model then I would definately use it. Could be shrunk to use as a doll. Indiana Mike and the adventure of the lost voodoo tribe! Sign me up, I'll use him. Okay, time to back to the therapist, I have more issues to put in my magazine store! hahaha!

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 12:28 PM

Yup, Karen Black was the actress who ended up killing her mother once the doll's spirit entered her body. I would love to have this thing it looks too cool! Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 12:28 PM

lol, the doll, not Karen Black. Marque

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 2:08 PM

file_42621.jpg

how's this?, Im thinking it should look like this? I plan to also add a body.

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 2:12 PM

Yep, that's the movie. I couldn't remember the movie name, but for some weird reason, I remembered the actress' name. (I never remember actors and actresses!)

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 2:18 PM

all I did was change the head dress, to give it a deep in the heart of the most unknown places of Africa look. The Devil Doll fettish is a prison for a Evil Head Hunter Witch Docter, Who's spirit was condemmed to be imprisoned in a wooden doll forever as punishment for his evil acts and to protect the rest of the tribe from his evil mojo. Some poor unsuspecting tourist buys the Wooden Doll fettish and takes it home, Later the mask part of the talisman is removed breaking the spell that binds the witch docters powers, The witch docters spirit awakens within the doll and uses his evil mojo to ressurrect himself bringing the doll to life, He must defeat the first person who free's him to steal thier body before his powers weaken.

TheDreamWeaver ( ) posted Thu, 23 January 2003 at 3:31 PM

My god - that first image looks like Arsenio Hall...might want to check into infringements/restrictions due to that..... ;) j/k

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.