Sun, Oct 6, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: 20 Victoria 3s in one Poser scene. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 5:33 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 7:16 AM

file_43264.jpg

The image is *not* postworked. This is a pure Poser 4 PP render. Ok the poses are all the same, but they didn't have to be. I just did that for convenience sake. I have a XP based Athlon 1800+ XP machine with 1 GB RAM. How did I do it?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 5:39 PM

May be using the crowd trick ? (a plane where the render is set as texture, the alpha channel being the transparency, and the plane being aimed at the camera ?) Otherwise, I'm clueless. Compiler.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 6:01 PM

Kinda. I rendered 2 V3s in that pose. One in white on a black background, one in full colour on a black background. The white one had the contrast boosted in Photoshop, and used as a bump map. Then I blanked out all the details in that one, and used the new version as a transmap. The colour version was left untouched, and the 3 images were then mapped onto an appropriately sized square. I saved the square as a prop and brought it into an empty scene 20 times. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 6:13 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_43265.jpg

Oh, you cheated! My heart is broken! ;-) I didn't cheat on this one, 31, count 'em, 31, all with clothing, shoes and hair. Totally maxed out my system. None are V3s, though!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 6:20 PM

Jim - it was your pic above which inspired me. I knew you didn't cheat, too. I wanted a quick and simple workaround for multiple high poly figures in a scene. Somehow, low poly background figures never look right to me.

My Store

My Gallery

fls13 ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 7:01 PM

Nice tricks, but no shadows in either shot.

markdc ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 9:02 PM

file_43266.jpg

I cheated (used max).

fls13 ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 9:58 PM

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. Excellent render.

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2003 at 11:12 PM

Sudden flashback to attack of the clones ...

magrindell ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 1:16 AM

ok sing along ....one of these thing aint like the other one of these thing isnt the same....lol

FWTempest ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 2:01 AM

is it just me... or do these images remind anyone else of old Robert Palmer videos from the '80s? :)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2003 at 7:50 AM

Ha Ha! They sure do! ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.