Wed, Sep 18, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: US Space Shuttle

lsstrout ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 11:11 AM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 8:38 PM

I don't know how many of you follow the various space activities, but the US Space Shuttle Discovery has been lost. I know most of us get some of our inspiration from space, so I thought those of you who haven't seen the news might want to know what's going on. Peace, Lin

MadDog31 ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 11:22 AM

Sad news indeed. Our thoughts and prayers should go out to the families and friends of those to be part of this terribly unfortunate incident. MadDog31

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 11:37 AM

Yes, very sad indeed. I woke up to the terrible news. My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims and the space community. Peace be on all.

lsstrout ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 11:53 AM

I misnamed the shuttle, it was the Columbia.

scotttucker3d ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 12:26 PM

Yes this is tragic news. Peace to the families and friends of the victims.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 1:40 PM
Forum Moderator

But for these brave souls we boldly go where no man has gone before.........

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 1:41 PM

The news was heartbreaking and not only for the sad loss of life but for what will happen to space exploration for some time to come. My deepest sympathy goes out to all the families of those who died. Peace Catlin

Robnobs ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 1:47 PM

Rest In Peace...

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 1:58 PM

Yes, it's another devastating blow to building the space station. My condolences to those who lost their loved ones.

mboncher ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 3:15 PM

What a terrible event to wake up to this morning. The instant I saw it, I started praying that it was only a communications blackout, but now pray that God may asuage the anguish and loss from the families of the deceased, for the nation of Israel who lost a national hero, and that God may turn such a terrible tragedy into something good.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 7:13 PM

My uncle was deeply invovled with the creation of the Space Shuttle and before (he designed the command module for the Apollo missions). I have always felt a closeness to the Apollo and shuttle astronauts, always knowing the incredible danger they have faced. I am proud that the skill and intelligence of men and women like my uncle have contributed to the space program.

When you consider that astronauts strap themselves to a "controlled" explosion, and the faith that they must put in the engineers that devise the craft in which they ride, I am astounded how few fatalities the program has suffered.

If your car or home were engineered as well as these spacecraft, well, there'd be a lot less "news" in your daily paper.

God bless, and God speed.

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 12:33 AM

May our heart's song guide them, so they can truely 'walk among the stars'...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Sambucus ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2003 at 3:42 AM

This is so sad. People die all the time, indeed we lost a distant family member just the other day, but something as public as must this affect us all deeply. Such bravery deserves better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.