Sun, Oct 6, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Water in P4PP

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 3:03 PM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 9:25 AM

file_44023.JPG

Not postworked. Good, huh? Thanks to Dr Geep for his excellent wave tutorial.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SomethingWicked ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 3:31 PM

Great Job! It looks wonderful!

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 3:36 PM

How did you do the water? Marque

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 3:46 PM

Marque - I'm glad you asked me that. :) I made a huge great big plane surface of 160,000 polysso that I could get nice detailed smooth ripples without the "Bear's Arse" (Copyright SamTherapy ludicrous images) effect. Then I did a pre - render from a negative POV for the reflection (minus the water plane, of course). Next, I blended the pre render with a "water" texture from Freestuff, and fiddled with the perspective in Photoshop. Next I dropped the waterplane back in and mapped the reflection render onto it. The final step was to add in Wave deformers (which is where Dr Geep's tut came in handy) and played around with them until I had good looking ripples.

My Store

My Gallery

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 4:04 PM

Nice job! Marque

Estruch ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 4:26 PM

Wave tutorial? Where?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 01 February 2003 at 4:33 PM

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.