Thu, Sep 19, 8:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Marbles...Final

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 6:05 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

file_45258.jpg

After too many false starts and dead ends (I couldn't use the dxf objects I made for the interior of the cat's eyes, no matter what, the render would crash halfway through the second pass), I finally made the cat's eyes with terrain objects and rendered successfully. Thanks to all who commented when this was a wip. For those interested there is a 1024 version of this in my gallery.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

cocoalex ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 6:24 AM

These balls are great. How did you make them?

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 7:00 AM
Forum Moderator

Very impressive......! The Bryster

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

clay ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 7:31 AM

tjohn, maybe make the inside of the marbles a volumtric mat? and then set a depth of field to it as well, otherwise it's a great render, nice work!

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Ornlu ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 7:48 AM

I think you're using some ballbearings in there. Where I come from, that's cheating!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 8:25 AM

Oh boy wrist rocket ammo! LOL But seriously this is quite nice. Takes me back to when I used to hold my marbles in my hand and just sit and stare at them. Oh, wait a minute that was yesterday. Gotta love them marbles ( even the steelies ).

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 10:14 AM

Yeah, we weren't allowed use "steely balls" or "Dough Rollers" (oversized marbles) in actual gameplay, but most of us had some in our bags because they were so cool looking. clay: This render was at 1024 x 768 and 64 rays Premium with soft lights on (the environment is a tweak on my radiosity room) took over 16 hours to render. Volumetric textures would likely double that. I don't have that much patience. :^) cocoalex: They're just Bryce spheres with standard glass textures and a bump map for the scratches on the surface.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 10:28 AM

Very nice. I like the way it evokes feelings in me and a longing for something from my past. Great job!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 11:49 AM

Nostalgia Rules OK 8) Catlin

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 1:38 PM

yeah! that's them! good job tjohn!

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2003 at 1:48 PM

Great pic!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 9:03 PM

Excellent job Tjohn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.