Wed, Sep 18, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:26 pm)

Subject: More Water !

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 1:45 PM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 6:21 PM

file_46498.jpg

I'm still messing around with water textures - here using Poser Worlds wonderful Venice backdrop. I created a new material for the water and am playing around with the lighting. This is such a good backdrop that I'll get around to creating some new textures for it. This is just a quick and dirty render to look at my water settings.

genny ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 1:49 PM

Very nice,tbird10! Genny

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 3:05 PM

Looks great ! I hope you'll have time for making a tutorial some day.

jobcontrol ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 3:32 PM

Yes, I agree, the water texture is great! ...but, um, the water color is a tad wrong ;-) Water in Venice is a distinct dark green (more or less )! A place you really wouldn't want to know what's in there grin Willy PS: Lots of pigeons and doves (not to forget their, um, guano) - and the picture wouldn't need any further explanation.

lelionx ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 5:26 PM

check out the shadow that the shaded building is throwing onto the nonshaded building.you need to put a square behind the shaded building so it casts a shadow that looks like a building instead of a backdrop.

ronstuff ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 7:31 PM

Nice work! - I've been working on water textures myself, and would love to see your finished product - It's quite a challenge in Poser, but I think it can be done.

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 9:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.stu-runham.co.uk/water.htm

I have a tutorial on water texture creation for Poser 5.

I hope to have some time (finding time is a real problem at the moment) to create a full scene with this Venice backdrop - I envision a gondola, market stalls and lots of people - Whether I can create this is another matter :=)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.