Mon, Sep 9, 4:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: embarrassed to ask...but, a vicki3 eye question...yes, i am a poseraholic

Poppi ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 6:03 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 8:02 PM

file_47143.jpg

okay....i never had trouble getting old vicki 1 and vicki 2's eyes to work right in bryce. but, this new vicki has some new eye geometries that i think are giving me grief, and washing out my eye colors. i much prefer using bryce as a render engine to anything else i have....especially the deficient poser renderer....but, but, but....this is what is happening with renders with my v3. the top row of renders are in bryce. bottom poser...same character, same textures, very similar poses. could any of you smack me with a clue fairy, and, tell me how to get her eyes to show the color on the texture maps? bribe....i'll dedicate a render in the poser gallery to you, and you can tell all your friends...lol. poppi :I

Aldaron ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 8:07 PM

Can you post a screenshot of the material settings for the eyes in Bryce? It looks like perhaps the ambience color may be incorrect and too high, it's washing out the color.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2003 at 11:46 PM

Beautiful expressiions in the eyes poppi, hope you find a solution and I think lots of folk here would like to know the answer too. Catlin

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 12:16 PM

Poppi, make sure your corneas are transparent.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 2:05 PM

thank you, kiera....sounds like it could be the problem. shoot...and, i am just finishing up on doing my very first hand painted dress on her...the poser render. oh, well...gotta go try that cornea fix.

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 2:14 PM

I just did a test with V3's eyeball in Bryce. Consider the cornea to be like the overall eyeball sphere on V2.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 2:48 PM

so i can just add a glass texture, like with v2? yeah!!!

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 2:53 PM

Zackly. =)

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 3:01 PM

lol....well, looks like i won't be going to mardi gras tonight, afterall. maybe, just maybe, i can get a render i like from this. thanks a ton. :*)

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 4:29 PM

Poppi are you in New Orleans? I'm originally from there, boy miss Mardi Gras. :(

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 6:44 PM

no, i live in florida...but, we have mardi gras, here. i live in a beach tourist town...all the hotels are full, and, there's a parade. drinks on the street, all the bars are having special festivities, like barbeques, bands, etc. what mardi gras means to me....dodging puke on the sidewalk on the way to work on monday :)....i was gonna go because i was so tired of working on my stupid poser render, and, that's the big deal in town, tonight. but, kiera saved me. i am sure mardi gras is alot more fun in new orleans. i don't have a mask, anyway. :)

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 7:23 PM

Well Mardi Gras in N.O. is a 2 week party with parades mostly on the weekends. Mardi Gras itself is on a Tuesday (I think in March this year) and schools, etc are closed. :)

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 7:36 PM

fat tuesday. our parties have already started. but, fat tuesday could be this tuesday, right? oh, wow...are we getting off topic, bigtime. back on topic...kiera's suggestion worked like a charm. the corneas...i figured this out through trial and error are lefteye 1.1 and righteye 1.1...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.