Mon, Sep 16, 10:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: A lo fi drum kit I am working on................

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 8:23 AM ยท edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 8:16 AM

Attached Link: Blues singer

file_47228.jpg

to fill out my blues singer scene here. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=338654

Now to open Poser and build a drummer. Then it's on to the organ.

Andini ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 10:18 AM

Looks good...I'm assuming this is a behind view.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 10:34 AM

hmm..just a little more hardware, and you're good to go. Just need the foot pedal, same for the high hat,drummer's throne, and a snare and stand. That's the basics..you can take it as far as you want to go. From the placement, it also makes you look left-handed (welcome to the club..;), the normal placement is smaller toms to larger from left to right, but that's just tradition, you could set them up as you like..;).Bass drum might just be a hair longer. Mask damask just did some drum sets, but the more the merrier. I did an Organ model in Strata awhile back, it's lots of fun, but as a .dxf, it comes in at several megs..must be Strata..;) Can't have too many keyboards (I've got 5..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 2:42 PM

Thanks guys. Yes, Andini this is a behind view. I am no drummer parkled, so it is good to hear some feedback from someone who knows. I don't want to get too fancy with this as I am placing the drummer in the background. As for organs I was hoping to make a hammond b3 as that is what all the groups I used to go to see used. We'll see how it goes.

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 4:17 PM

Looks great, are you modelling it with Bryce?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 8:05 PM

Ah, the B3..about 400 pounds, or at least it feels like that. I did 'sort of' a B3, it was my basic model. I went out on the web, got some pictures of the B3, and proceded to use those as a guide. I made up a keyboard octave, and just 'guppied' it (copy, paste, copy both, paste, repeat, rinse..;) for the keys. I originally stacked boxes to make the body, but I think negative booleans to chop out the insides would be easier (depending on your modelling program. I used Strata 2.5.3, which was cheap..;) The tricky part is that the B3 has some white-on-black keys on the side, so you have to do some texturing, I suppose. If it wasn't about 4 meg, I'd send you the model (another drawback to Strata, at least that version..:|) It's repetitive work, but once you have the keys, drawbars, etc., it's not too much. Love the sound of them..good luck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2003 at 9:22 PM

You might look up Ludwig + Drum by google to see if you can get some pictures of drum sets to see what you're still missing. Looks good so far, - TJ

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2003 at 4:25 AM

Thanks for the comments folks. Ttops as usual I am modeling in Rhino. Parkled I have the base version of Strat, but could never figure how to make it work. Yeah that B3 is a heavy sonofabitch. A friend of mine used to have one and play around Columbus Oh with several groups. I am trying to refrain from using other peoples modeling on this project. Bikermouse I have a folder full of drum pictures, I just don't know what the average drum kit entails. I have seen pics of the old blues guys with just a couple of snares on stands and a cymbal and hi hat. I am purposely leaving off some details like the kick drum foot pedal in order to keep the poly's down. This is strictly for background, not close ups. If any drummers are reading this please tell me what you think the minimal kit for a blues gig includes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.