Thu, Oct 10, 4:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: books on creating 3D comic books?

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:35 AM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 5:17 AM

Any suggestions on good books about creating 3D comic books? I heard that Creating 3D Comix by Mortier is not very useful. Also, has anyone heard of any software that is dedicated to comic book creation? (2D or 3D) Thanks.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 6:13 AM

Usually you use a toon-shader to create a toon-feel in your 3D applications. There's lot's of plug-ins on the web for a lot of mayor 3D packages. I've heard that 3DSMax5 had a nice toon-shader with lot's of great settings. I don't know any good books about the subject. I've been trying to create a toony look in bryce, but it's very difficult and doesn't work on all kinds of objects. (round shapes are almost impossible to get right and toony)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 6:14 AM

There's a tutorial on cartoon-style renders in poser in the tutorial section het at 'rosity.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 6:14 AM

het = here

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:09 PM

hmm..if you want to expand on 2d, I have a book called 'Drawing Comics the Marvel way', real good on how to do body proportions, shading, coloring, etc. It was an oversized paperback that came out in the 70's. It could give you a framework to start with.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 1:10 PM

oh..sorry, I mean, look in Google or Ebay..It's in the attic, couldn't get to it if I wanted to..sorry. But do a search on it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2003 at 5:59 PM

Thanks everyone, for the wisdom. I'll follow up on your suggestions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.