Thu, Sep 19, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Need a Mac beta tester...

RealDeal ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 4:20 AM ยท edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 3:03 AM

file_47688.jpg

I've got P4Pro, P5 covered. I don't normally associate with Mac users...:) Any volunteers? Hopefully someone who can tell me what to do to make a package Mac ready?

Estruch ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 4:40 AM

Will you need Mac Tester my mail is macgarfio@ya.com I have G4, Poser Pro Pack and 9.2.2. classic and 19.2.4 Jaguar.

Estruch ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 4:42 AM

PD All people need Mac tester can write me

sargebear ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 5:58 AM

i'm a mac user, G4/ Poser pro/9.22/ 500 gigs HDS/1.5 gig of ram... contact me at Mgbrooks2@aol.com

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 7:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.soft-rabbit.com/

"Hopefully someone who can tell me what to do to make a package Mac ready? " Just don't make it an .exe file ;-) Put a link to MartainC's Mac Convertor in the Read Me (link above). And If you still need testers, I'd be happy too: dannoize@aol.com

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 7:30 AM

Just package as you would for the PC, and Mac Users can use MacConvertor to change the stuff. :) I have Good Ole Poser 4.03, running in Mac Classic with OS X. Feel free to contact me. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 10:20 AM

Just to remind PC folk that Mac filenames cannot be longer than 31 characters or MAT poses won't work.

AKA1 ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 11:10 AM

You got enuff Mac Beta's yet Imac Aqua. classic OS 9.2 . Poser 4.03.

Quoll ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 1:08 PM

Just to remind PC folk that Mac filenames cannot be longer >than 31 characters or MAT poses Yeah, this is the biggest issue. A point of clarification, this is only an issue on OS9. OSX does not have this limitation, but since Poser works through classic the OS9 issue still applies. It is easy to get confused though if a mac user downloads and instals the package in OSX then tries to use it. Also try to avoid spaces and special characters in your naming. Mac's are specific about these where Windows tends to be a bit more lax. As mentioned above, never use an EXE file. ZIP will do just fine. And I second the motion to put a link to MartinC's utility in the readme file. It sounds like you have plenty of Mac testers, but if you need yet another one I would be happy to help. I render all my Poser stuff in Vue.

Barryw ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 7:21 PM

Hey Estruch, Where did you get OS 19 !!?? :P

RealDeal ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 11:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.changestorm.com/products/Island_Temple/

Jeez. Come on, you are ruining my world picture of stuck up mac types. The filenames thing is no big deal...I have a built in MS-DOS 2.11 filter in my head that keeps me from naming things over 8 characters long without extreme difficulty. And the mention of MartainC's Mac Convertor handles everything else, I guess...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.