Thu, Sep 19, 9:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: The Pose Folders

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2003 at 3:51 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 5:41 PM

I've seen this question asked before, but.. On my machine at 800x600, the maximum number of letters in a folders name that gets listed in my pose folder is 6; in 1024x768 it's 7. has anyone come up with a trick to list more letters of the pose folders names? I tried reducing the font size, but that wasn't really satisfactory...

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 2:55 PM

Not sure I understand you, RD. Are you talking about the scrolling menu for Pose folders? In my pose folders menu I have names like '!V3 Glute-Hips-Abs INJ'. That's 22 letters, including spaces. Or maybe it's a Mac thing? I'm on a PC at 1024x768. mac PS And how the heck did you reduce the font size? No one's ever been able to do that in the poser UI.

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:04 PM

Nope, PC. the weird thing is that it's just the pose folder; I can see everything in character, props, etc. 12 characters. to reduce to font size: Rt-click on your desktop, get properties, go to appearance, change tool-tip and message to font size 7.

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 3:09 PM

Ah, changing the whole computer font size. I see. I thought you had somehow managed to change poser only. Well, it's pretty bizarre only getting it in one folder. The only thing I can think of is, there's a limit of 256 folders in any library category. If you go above that, strange things happen. Check the number of folders in Poses. mac

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2003 at 7:43 PM

The folowing was posted by Hogwarden, in a Rosity forum, I think it explaines your problem. "You will start to run into problems when you get to having more than 256 subfolders in any library folder... Then Poser will start to truncate the names, or load the files" incorrectly. Hogwarden has a utulity called PBooost, which may solve your problem, I havent used it myself, so can't comment furthre.

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2003 at 2:50 PM

thanks les, I knew it was something like that. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.