Mon, Sep 9, 5:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: P5 Face Room Tutorial

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 3:50 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 7:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dancingbadger.com/poser/faceroom00.html

I have a tutorial on the Face Room at my site that folks might find useful.

The URL: http://www.dancingbadger.com/poser/faceroom00.html

Any comments, especially if you find errors or places that aren't clear, are welcome.

Enjoy,
Mick

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 6:19 PM

Thanks Mick :) This looks like a good detailed tutorial. I downloaded the entire thing and will give it a try. Maybe if I can ever figure out how to use some of it's features effectively, I won't get so mad at P5's shortcomings :)

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 11:14 PM

Nothing to do with your tutorial but this seems like a good of place as any to ask this... But seeing as how the face room is compatible with all the p5 characters, does that mean that they are all the same mesh? (same # of verts) cause in poser 4 if you try to use a morph that doesn't belong to the right figure you got an error, but in p5 face room it works for all... Just Curious.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

mickmca ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 5:08 AM

My understanding is that they are the same mesh, and what you see in the Face Room is the "in repose" version. Hence the dials at the bottom that apply the Don/Judy/Will/Penny morphs. Also hence the problem using the Face Room on other figures (and the famous $30K price tag on adding Victoria). Since the tools simply massage the mesh by dialing morphs, the code would have to be substantially rewritten to link the photo reading tool to a different set of mesh and morphs.

lundon_Don ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2003 at 9:33 AM

Back to this tutorial: Excellent- well written- articulate. I had not realized how powerful the face room could be in terms of morphing. Combine this with Gryffnn's P5JudyMagic morphs and you can make some really nice stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.