Sat, Sep 21, 12:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Newbie question: Clothes for Victoria et al usable for standard Poser4 figures?

frank-b- ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 2:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

New at renderosity, I first was astonished that anybody seems to know Victoria, Vicky, Michael et al. and design stuff for them, but I don't find them in my Poser4 installation. Very soon I learned that those are commercially available products from Daz3d.com. :-)

I am also new to Poser (about 1 week) and still very much in the process of figuring out how things work. Therefore I think it is way too early to buy more stuff until I have learned to use what I already have.

But it sure would be nice to experiment with some more clothes than those coming with the Poser4 standard installation. However, most I have found in the "free stuff" section seem to be explicitly designed for the Daz3d models.

Is there any way to use those clothes, for example, with the P4 nude woman from Poser4?

Regards,
frank-b-

whoopdat ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 3:19 AM

Unless the clothes that are meant for the millennium figures have something that specifically states they'll work with something else, the short answer is no. You could always use magnets to make them fit, or try to modify them in a modeling program, but that's a hassle. There are a lot of clothes available for the P4 models (well, the P4 woman really) in the freestuff here and on other sites. Keep poking around. There's a ton there, you just might not have dug deep enough yet. If all else fails, the low-res version of Vicky is pretty affordable. Good luck.

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 4:23 AM

Hi, I got vickie & mike before i got poser... So i have never used posette or dork, nor would i ever want to (they are very limiting).. My advice would be if you can afford it, pop over to: http://store.daz3d.com/ take a look around and pick yourself up a vicky 2... She is WAY better, i would say its better to start with her as her body set up and face are fare supirior to that of posette and different. Also you will have noticed that most things are made for Vicky as i think most others will agree she is the standard figure everyone uses. I myself use the new Victoria 3, who is far better than V2. But for a start (and cost) i would highly recommend you treat not only urself but ur future creativeness to Vicky 2 & mike 2 I hope you have lots of fun, if you need anymore help please let us know.. :) Not everyone here is a seasoned verteren LOL.... so there are people at all stages of experience. Best Wishes -=SimderZ=-

My Gallery

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 4:25 AM

PS... no disrespect to whoopdat but i wouldn't worry about magnets.. lol.. i rememeber when i first got Poser, i was reading some things people were telling me and i was all HUH??? hehehehe

My Gallery

Adessil ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 7:16 AM

To be honest, I was disappointed with V3 (tried not the other have I) ... Spent a short while this morning trying to get some clothes designed for vicky to fit, but to no avail. Alas, it seems I'll have to maketh what I require.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 10:43 AM

Clothes for V1 or 2 will not fit V3. Unless you use the V2 to V2 character, it is V3's head on V2's body. Also there is a new hybrid figure in Free Stuff, but you will need V2 in order to decode that one. But there are LOADS of clothes for the regular P4 characters in free stuff. Also try some of the japanese Poser sites, they make clothes mostly for Posette still. Welcome to your new addiction :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.