Thu, Sep 19, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: The 5th Element

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 10:00 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:07 AM

file_51224.jpg

I have been working on this off and on for a week now. I can't get the tornado to look like a tornado. Any ideas? Any other comments and suggestions greatly welcomed. Thanks.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 10:12 AM

The most important thing missing about your tornados is that it's not clearly tube or wedge shaped like a real tornado and unlike a real tornado yours is transparent. The tornado should also merge with the sky (unless you make it clear that that merged area is outside the canvas). Check some photo's of real tornado's as reference. Also do a search, because I remember that there was a tutorial on making a tornado once. Maybe Pidjy made it, but I'm not completely sure about that.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 10:48 AM

I remember Zhann posting a how to on making tornados. Maybe she could point you in the right direction. Cat

Aldaron ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 11:43 AM

Looks like I wasn't the only one inspired by the movie. :)

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 3:50 PM

If I remember correctly, the beam comes out of her mouth, but that's a minor fix. I haven't seen the tutorial, but I think some way of conveying horizontal motion in the funnel cloud would help. Good luck with it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2003 at 1:59 AM

Debris. That always helps. splashing water, a little extra dust at the bottom and wrecked objects flying through the air they all add to the sense of motion.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2003 at 11:50 AM

Thanks, I will try to simulate all of this. I just loved this movie, but then Bruce is my hero, I just love him!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.