Wed, Sep 18, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Sort of OT but can anyone here help these folks out!?!

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 5:25 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 9:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez

I posted an Trek-themed image. There's something unique about the character. So far no one has identified it.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 5:30 PM

The link doesn't seem to be complete.

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 5:40 PM
TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 6:47 PM

"sorry, someone has deleted this item"

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 6:49 PM

MIGHT just be an sql error though Right now it looks like all the galleries are down

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:28 PM

The entire art gallery in down, looks like an 'undocumented feature' in MS ware may have struck the galleries.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:29 PM

Maybe the Borg attacked.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:35 PM

:-) could be

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:47 PM

Just my luck. Welcome to my living hell. :-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 7:47 PM

Resistance is futile.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 8:34 PM

Galleries are back on line!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 8:35 PM

The Borg have been defeated!!! But they will be back. They always come back. ;) Thanks for keeping your sense of humor, PabloS.

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 8:40 PM

I enjoyed the diversion dialyn :)

lalverson ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 10:52 PM

Being a trivia buff, I have no clue. since she's sitting on a darkened bridge or office it's kinda out of context. althougtht the rank looks like a U.S Major. inless she's "Major Hottie"

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2003 at 11:05 PM

Well since it's a slow nite, I'll spill the beans. It's Lt Colonel's rank actually. Close lalverson! And where would one find a Lt Col in Starfleet!?! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Starfleet Marines. I don't ever recall seeing a Marine on any movie or series episode; however, if you do a Google search for "Starfleet Marines" THEY'RE OUT THERE! So watch it maggot! :-)

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2003 at 12:31 AM

She may be a LTCol. but she's still a major hottie :-)

JohnRender ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2003 at 11:31 AM

Technically, "Starfleet Marines" are "non-canon", meanly they don't really "exist" in the "official" Star Trek universe. They don't fit into Roddenberry's idea of peacefully exploring the galaxy and the term "Marine" is a term used for United States armed forces... and since no other country has "marines", it would safe to say that the 23rd or 24th centuries would not have them either. Yes, it's true that soldiers of some sort fought in Deep Space 9's Dominion War, but I doubt they were "marines". If anything, they would be called a new term for "soldiers fighting in space" or "soldiers fighting on other planets". And the picture is too dark to tell if she's on a bridge or in a lab or where. Most Starfleet ships and starbases are brightly lit. Other than that, it's a good picture. She's a hottie and the display panel is cool.

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 24 March 2003 at 5:59 PM

JohnRender, Thanks for the input. Really! Perhaps I shouldn't tread in areas where I know just enough to get me in trouble. LOL I had toyed with the idea of creating my own "universe"... but that turned out to be more work for just a couple of images. In reality, they both kind of intermingled in my head (hence the dark bridge). Oh. I know of one other country that has Marines. The British have the 'Royal Marines.' If I decide to tread into unknown Trek territory, I may be dropping you line. Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.