Thu, Sep 19, 9:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:18 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Not sure if this is the place to post but...

fretshredder ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 5:05 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 1:46 PM

...I am interested in making products, but have never done so. I am looking for advice on how I should proceed with it, and to possible get with someone to kind of work on something for a little experience or something. I would be interested in things like characters/poses/clothing etc... If this is the wrong forum I apologize, pleae point me in the right direction. Otherwise, I look forward to hearing what you all think. Thank ye in advance /gz

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 6:59 PM

I think you need to be more specific. What are you interested in making? There's a big difference in the skills and techniques needed for modeling meshes, creating poses, and creating textures. You'd probably have a better chance of getting someone experienced to help you if you narrow down what your strengths are and ask specific questions. Look through the relevant forums. You'll find a wealth of material already there, and it may help you narrow down your questions. I'm trying to find a polite way to put this, but your request (as worded) strikes me as, "Hi, please freely give me information and experience so I can find a way to make money off of you." ... to possible get with someone to kind of work on something for a little experience or something. Although politely worded, you're asking for someone to help you make something so they can get experience while you make money by selling it. That may not be what you intended to say, but that's how it comes across. That usually doesn't go over very well. There's a lot of people here who gladly help new people, even for possibly competing commercial products, but it's always with specific questions. If you have questions on what is popular, how to market, how to create a specific item, texture, etc., then if you post the specific question in the appropriate forum, you'll likely get more help. (And there is the unwritten expectation that you'll help others down the line as you were helped.) Hope this helps, Crescent

fretshredder ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 8:20 PM

I can understand how my question might be worded wrong or incompletely but what I was asking was nothing like, "you're asking for someone to help you make something so they can get experience while you make money by selling it". I was actually asking if I could work with someone on something so I could get some experience :-) I did state what I would be interested in doing: characters/poses/clothing etc. Again, I am looking for an experience opportunity for myself, you can keep the money...I just wanna learn :-) Sorry if I offended anyone, as it seems I have

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 8:48 PM

I doubt you've offended anyone, certainly not me. Sometimes things don't come across the way we mean, especially in a written arena. If people were seriously offended, you'd be feeling the flames by now. ;-) There's a big difference between poses, characters, clothing, etc. For poses, the Poser Forum is a good place to go. Characters can be anything from modeling to texturing, so there's several possible forums that might be able to help. Clothing is created in different programs, including Wings3D, Lightwave, and Rhino, just to name a few. Most people start with one thing, textures for example, and work from there. With a few exceptions, though, most of the really good merchants concentrate in one area, texturing, modeling, etc. You might want to look at the different marketplaces around, here and elsewhere, and see which products and artists you like the most. That might give you a good place to find your interests and your strengths. There's also a ton of tutorials for the technical side of things, and this forum can give you a good idea on the marketing side. Cheers!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.