Fri, Oct 25, 7:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: A Favor - Website Check

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 3:30 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:22 AM

Attached Link: Website URL

Hey guys...wondered if you could do me a favor? Just finished transferring my site to the new web host and I think everything is setup right. Wondered if you could check it out and let me know what you think. Also, let me know if you see anything that's not working correctly. Broken links, missing images, etc. Everything looks ok from here, but then again I've been starring at it for far too long to be sure. Note that the weblinks page isn't in yet so that link doesn't work. This version of the gallery should work with Macs now. Tonight I also added pages within galleries. The Seattle Roadster Show/Import Motion Tour gallery had 61 images in it..a bit unweildy on 1 page. Now it is broken into 3 pages under the same gallery. Also, if you could let me know if there was anything that was tough to figure out in navigating the site. Really appreciate it. Thanks. :) -=>Donald

didgeriddo ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:10 AM

Great site Donald. Well laid out and super easy to navigate. Tons of great images that loaded quick, even for us still on dialup. The only thing I might suggest is the text for your descriptions under the images. The size or the color of the font makes it a bit rough to read. Maybe increase the size by 1 or darken it by a shade or two? Definitely a pity you lost the model and textures for Aeryn. Love the look you got in there. Would have been a very sweet series. THanks for sharing with us. Doug :)

Trinitonesounds ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 12:02 PM

file_52762.jpg

I agree with Doug. It's very well laid out and easy to navigate. It looks great too. I found one issue with the calendar. Partial screenshot is attached. This is using Mozilla (which is Netscape minus alot of fluff). /kurtis

Misha883 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 12:57 PM

Very nice site, Don. Everything worked that I tried. [IE5]

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 1:54 PM

Thanks guys...this is really appreciated!! Kurtis: Ok..downloaded Mozilla and see the problem too. Will work on fixing that (for some reason the dhtml layer alignment isn't working there). Doug: Ok..you're the 2nd person to say something like that, so I've gone ahead and increased the font size by 1 (from 12px to 13px) and darkened the text also. I originally liked that color because it kept the text inconspicuous so it didn't compete with the images, but it's not good if it's hard to read. :) Man I love cascading style sheets. A simple change to the style sheet and the colors and fonts of the captions across the entire gallery changes. :) -=>Donald

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 2:01 PM

Really looks great Donald.....simple, nice layout, like the colors which are easy on the eye... and great photography!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 2:31 PM

Great site. Now you have me wanting to totally redesign mine. My wife would kill me if she has to redo that code with me again! Clean professional. Sweet! Magick Michael

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 2:33 PM

Oh only one suggestion, Many pro sites use the image in the upper left corner (Images by Holman) as a "Home" button. Take it for what its worth.

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 2:36 PM

Thanks Michelle! I am usually one who really likes darker color websites (blacks, blues, etc.) but what I noticed was that medium grays and tans seems to go very well with most image types (color or b&w). Kurtis - Cripes man..ya trying to kill me with that one? Hehe...took me 20 minutes of staring at the code and seeing nothing wrong before I realized what was happening. The calendar isn't an image. It's built on the fly when you access the page. IE aligns the side layer to the calendars layer -after- the calendar is built. Mozilla, on the other hand, aligns it before. So, I just increased the design time size of calendar layer to match the eventual size of the calendar and it looks like it works in Mozilla now. Thanks dude! -=>Donald

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 3:49 PM

Mike - You just have to get her to think the redesign was her idea. hehehehe :) Thank you. And I see what you're saying about the logo selection to home. And you're right. Will implement that. See, this is why I love it here. Group Hug And that's a manly, platonic, good to see you hug for the guys and a slow, warm and cuddly hug for the ladies. Just wanted to make sure Jordy knew that...didn't want him trying to kick my ass for feeling him up or anything. Bahahaha. -=>Donald

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 6:11 PM

kicks everyone out of the way.....Look out me First!!....hehe....I'm a sucker for warm snugglies.....mmmmmmm nice ;~)

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Trinitonesounds ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 7:01 PM

Donald - No harm was intended, but I feel your pain. Your twenty agonizing minutes of excruciating pain have born fruit. I see it works perfectly now. Good job.

randyrives ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:07 PM

Looks good Donald! Enjoyed the site and fairly wasy to navigate and easy on the eyes.

DHolman ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2003 at 4:12 PM

Thanks guys...I think it's a tighter site with your inputs. Now, not to be rude or anything but I got 'chelle snugglies to enjoy....oooooooooooo. :D -=>D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.