Fri, Sep 20, 10:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Texture Standards For Items Sold In The Store:

bast ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2000 at 12:59 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 7:47 PM

All models should be if possible mapped with UV mapping coordinates. This may be accomplished with the free utility UVmapper, which may be downloaded from the Utilities area of Free Stuff. Included textures make a model more desirable, so plan to include at least one texture if possible, and a template saved also in UVmapper. Textures should be saved to either compressed tif format, bmp format, or jpg format. Textures saved in jpg format should NOT be saved in a lossy compressed format. Instead configure your painting application to save at the highest possible quality. Even though this increases overall file size, the chances the customer can then customize your texture to suit his needs are increased. Naming Conventions: All textures that are diffuse maps (the actual texture you see with your eyes) should be named something such as Bluebell_tex.tif. All textures that are transparency maps should be named something such as Bluebell_trans.tif. All textures that are bump maps should be named something such as Bluebell_bump.tif. We wish to not leave any guessing at all for our customers. Last Thoughts: Ok, ok, I know we are not all texture artists, and maybe you have the greatest model since 3d geometry was invented but do not have a good texture. Contact Diane or myself. We will turn to our community resources and do our best to hook you up with a texture artist who may be willing to pitch in and give you a hand for some form of trade off. As always, I am here to help as I may Liz Birdsong Hbg@kreative.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.