Wed, Sep 18, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 5:26 pm)

Subject: Render Problem

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 10:24 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 5:00 AM

file_53680.jpg

Ok so does anyone know what is causing this?

Nothing locks up or freezes - it's just that this is where the render ends!

It doesn't seem to happen every time, but is happening a lot with this model (V3) and texture and it's driving me nuts

P5 Firefly render

WinXP P4 2.8GHz with 1G RAM

cruzan ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 11:05 AM

hmm, looks like either mem or page mem is full. What is your OS, free harddrive and memory configuration? When was last time you defragged your virtual memory harddrive? When I am rendering - uses a big slice of harddrive for paging even though I have 128m video and 1g mem. Definitely recognize those squares though ;-)

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 11:21 AM

Normally that's what happens when you render to a new window. I haven't ever had it stop right there though. Do you have the latest SR installed? If it is the page file full as cruzan suggested, XP should increase it automatically. That's what happens with me often. What do you have max texture size set to? Also, do you have texture aliasing on? Try turning that off if so.

shogakusha ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 11:27 AM

How many objects are in your scene? I don't recall the details, but there was a thread where someone saw something like this. It turned out to be a bad prop in the scene that was at that point in the render. When the prop was removed, everything else rendered fine. Sorry i can't remember more.

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 12:19 PM

I do have the latest SP installed and have no other objects in the scene other than V3. I am running Win XP and have about 40GB hard drive free space. It has been a while since I defragged so will try that. I am sure it is a memory problem as I can render OK in draft, so I'll have to play around with the quality settings.

dariop ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 1:31 PM

I had a vaguely similar problem, I wasn't getting squares but my renders would not work. In the end I put the page file on a different drive to Poser & Windows, that worked immediately. I am NOT a tech expert mind you so this may be overkill but I got fed up with renders crashing.

cruzan ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2003 at 3:24 PM

If you are using XP [pro is mine] then each drive can/default is allocating page memory. I liked it better with 98se as I had a [1] drive totally dedicated to page memory. however, it has been stated here that firefly loses mass memory during rendering (least think it was said in last few days). My largest render production was 895 frames animation (talking heads JUST LIKE TV [sorry news is on and trying to out talk it ;-D]) and on xppro with 512mem w/10g hd free; had to constantly (least 4 to 5 times) grab additional page mem whereas my 1gig mem xppro never gave error for same rendition on harddrive with 76g free. Go figure.... Each system can be so varied that it is frightening and difficult to pin down problems. Which is why my old machine is now my email, document, flash, presentation, etc. and my new machine only runs my 3d stuff.

queri ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 12:41 AM

Is Poser on C drive? I know I need at least 16G to reliably render, you have over that. If Poser is on another drive try the old fix from Curious Labs. And I quote: Poser 4 Poser can't render high resolution images. Error appears "Insufficient disk space to render" After some intense investigation we believe we have a work around. It turns out that Windows NT 4, 2000 and Windows XP must be using some space for the pagefile.sys file on the same partition that Poser is installed, to render large images. The pagefile.sys is the virtual memory or temp space for Windows. An approximate minimum would 10 MB. This amount might have to be increased for more complex scenes and animations. The maximum should be 10 MB or greater. To modify the Virtual Memory: Windows NT 4 = Right Click my computer. Click the performance tab. Click change. Click the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 10 or more in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. You may have to restart the System. Windows 2000 = Right click My computer. Select the Advanced tab. Click Performance option. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 10 or more in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. You may have to restart the System. Windows XP = Click Start. Right Click My Computer in the menu. Select Properties. Select the Advanced tab. Click Settings, next to Performance. Select the advanced tab. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Click the Custom size button. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 10 or more in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. You may have to restart the System. Poser will now be able to render up to its maximum size of 4090 pixels x 4090 pixels @ any resolution unquote-- don't know why it works but it works. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.