Thu, Oct 10, 4:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Who are these people?

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 12:42 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 7:43 AM

Hi,

I am fairly new to Poser and Renderosity. I see names like Michael and Vicki. I know they refer to specific Poser models, but how are they different from the models that come with Poser 4? If I buy a set of facial expressions for Michael, will they work on other models? (like the ones I already have in Poser 4) How does this all work?

Thanks.

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 12:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&FAQ=Y

Click on this link to go to the Poser Forum FAQ. Scroll down to the section Millenium Figures.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 1:47 AM

Attached Link: Daz3D

EAch Poser figure is a model. The models are made posable by the file icon you click on to load them into a scene. The files are called cr2 figure files. The cr2 works like that old song "The ankle bone's connected to the foot bone....." Each figure has a cr2 that is unique to it though many of them are similar. As long as two figures share the same part names a pose will work on more than one figure as you probably have seen already. Face poses turn special dials called "Morph Targets". A morph target dial is different from "Bend" or "Twist" dials. A morph is a special file loaded into the figure cr2 that ahs that piece of geometry in a different shape. Generally face poses and expressions are just for that figure unless it states otherwise. Michael And Vicki are Poser figures a bit more advanced tahn those that come with the Program. Many people use them for various reasons. There are upgrade versions to these figures like software has. Currently there is Currently Victoria 3.0 and Michael 2.0 Daz, the company that made the Poser figures, and Michael and Victoria are working on Michael 3.0 Here is a link Regards, Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 1:56 AM

small correction before someone smacks me: Poser 5.0 has new figures based on the old ones but modified by someone else. From what I know those were done by a bunch of people though no idea who they all were. A few people at RuntimeDNA.com did Judy. All I know sorry. Later, Anton PS: WELCOME TO POSER!! Say goodbye to friends and family. it can be addicting.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 11:36 AM

LOL- totaly addictive- and kiss your bank account good bye :) welcome :) Geo

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 3:15 PM

So that's who they are? I always thougth Mike was the devine All Mighty and Vicky was his earth-bound birth mother.. Well, there goes my religion out the window!

LonRanger ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2003 at 11:41 PM

Thanks for the great info!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.