Wed, Sep 25, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How to stop Poser from eternal rendering? Experiences requested.

Pauli ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 6:05 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 12:30 AM

Hi there, I would like to hear what experiece you have made,
when stopping Poser from rendering for ever.

Lately I build up a scene with ~ 95 MB geometries. I pressed
--> render. Poser started to render, but seemed to stall. To
save the scene I pressed the shortcuts, oh wonder it was saved.

When reloading poser and the scene, it started to render immediately - and came to a result. But before I could save the image or the file, it started rendering again, came to end again and started immediately again - probably forever.

So my question is: What experiences do you have with that ?
Are there possibilities to stop that loop
effectively ? (Pressing stop at the render
progress bar only let it start again).

It would be fine, to find out how this procedure can be stopped and returned to normal work.

Thanks for your attention

Pauli

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 10:19 PM

I have herd of this render loop happening before. In that case the problem was solved by opening the pz3 in a text editor and deleting a line that said "displayMode CUSTOMRENDERED".

Pauli ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2003 at 6:03 AM

Thanks for reply. I will check that. Hopefully I find it in that not so small file. - Pauli

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.