Sat, Sep 21, 3:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: not keeping up

Burnart ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 6:49 AM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

file_56485.jpg

I'm just trying to learn how to setup up my own creations. I made a simple body (without head, hands or feet at this stage) and then used the p5 male figure bone setup. Moved the bones a little and attached the groups I had created to the appropriate bones. So far so good. For some reason when I bend the arm (see the pic) some of the faces seem to get left behind. Before anyone asks I am absolutely 100% certain that all polygons are attached to the appropriate bones. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated before I go bald with the hair tearing.

-Yggdrasil- ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 6:59 AM

Does the other arm do the same thing? The legs?

chanson ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 7:21 AM

I assume that you are demonstrating movement at the Left Shoulder joint. If so, it seems that there are some polys in the arm geometry which are not grouped with either the shoulder or the arm (or hand...)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 12:42 PM
Online Now!

[Village idiot voice] does the falloff zone not stretch right across the limb, so that Poser is ignoring the lower polygons - it looks like a smooth transition until you reach the elbow?

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 6:26 PM

i agree. it is a grouping problem. they are left behind i(in default) when the rest of their group moves.

Burnart ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 4:33 AM

All the polygons ARE grouped to bones - I tried to stress that in my original post. That was the first thing I thought of and I have checked it thoroughly - you just have to trust me on this. To answer one question - yes it does happen with the other arm but not with the legs if you are wondering. Falloff zone? That isn't in the manuals index. In the pdf file I did a search for falloff and that comes up in reference to magnets which I haven't used here. I set this up by copying over an existing bone setup like in the tute on pg 69 of the manual - does that have something to do with it?

Mock ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 6:42 AM

check the joint parameters, under joint editor make sure the entire arm is within the red joint parameters if not youll leave that part behind.

Burnart ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2003 at 6:05 AM

Big kiss on the forehead for Mock. That was it alright. Not something I had ever looked at before - will help me in several other situations with this test figure I am sure. Help like that is what Renderosity is all about. Cheers!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.