Fri, Sep 20, 9:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Volumetric light of Poser5

Himico ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 12:12 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 3:02 AM

Did anyone try to make nice light beams (instead of the solid volumetric light) using the volumetric light?
Can you share them ?

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 3:24 AM

file_57023.jpg

Do you mean something like this? Very simple, I know. If you've updated to SR2.1, they added a function to the lights called atmosphere strength. Click on the properties tab of a light, and it's down near the bottom. In this image the middle light is set to 1, and the others are set to 0.5. The atmosphere settings I used were Volume on Volume color white Volume Density 0.02 Volume Stepsize 1.5 Let me know if this is what you were looking for, and if you need further assistance. GF

Himico ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 12:46 PM

Thank you very much. It is very nice. It is nice idea to use multi light sources. I only tried the value of 1 before. The value 0.5 seems better. Thank you. Did you try to put a lattice or something in front of the light source to produce a multi beam effect? Thanks again, HimiCo.

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 4:16 PM

No, I didn't do that. Check out runtime DNA. They have some P5 light gels that work really nice. Patterns of leaves, so it looks like light is filtering through a tree. In fact, you can attach any image to your lights in the material room for some cool effects.

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 5:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Another cool thing to do is attach a movie file. I used this to shoot a movie from a movie projector onto a wall. The light beams move with the moving image. It is quite cool indeed! Cheers, Joe

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.